“Very Pleansant Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2012

There is a lovely, welcoming atmosphere as you enter the premises - it is light, clean and airy. Staff attentive, but not intrusive. As it was our first visit, we decided to test the a la carte menu, which was very good, but quite expensive. Prior to eating we had a garlic bread, which was superb, one of the best we have tasted in recent years. We also had a bottle of good white wine (not house) and without having to ask, the waiter offered to cork what was remaining for us to take home.
We shall certainly be returning, but this time (to keep the cost down) we shall try the set menu. There is also a board, with the evening's extras listed.
All in all, well worth a visit.

1  Thank EWorden19

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I have eaten in many Italian restaurants over the last 20yrs and have become weary of the same old standard menu with food that tastes nothing like it is supposed to.

Lorenzo's was a joy, it reminded me of the fine rustic food that I have eaten in Italy. We opted for the set menu, which was good value for money at £12.90 for 3 courses. I don't hesitate to recommend the chicken livers and black pudding, it was divine.

Service was superb, the decor and atmosphere was lovely. Without a doubt we will return.

1  Thank bisphamchick
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Wow! My husband and I visited this restaurant and had one of the best meals we have ever had! My family are originally from Italy and it was so refreshing to tast authentic Italian cuisine. The staff were friendly and very knowledgeable (an interesting discussion about Italian wines!!!) and we were welcomed with delicious, warm home made bread at our table (which was free!). My pizza was absolutely delicious and my husband's steak was extremely tender. The tiramisu is out of this world and exactly as I remember it when we use to live in Italy! Really can't fault this restaurant - excellent value for money and the food is out of this world. My only wish is that we lived nearer and could visit more often!!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Visited last week and loved it! excellent food with outstanding service by amicable waiters! a really refreshing change! Would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank RickShoz
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We were told about Lorenzo's and who good it was...Read a few comments on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a go.
Could not fault it..Great value for money.Lovely decor and spotless. The waiters were well trained and very polite and welcoming.. The food was piping hot and very tasty. The house red was a good price and very nice..got another bottle. Good choice on the early bird menu.which was £9.90 for 2 course and £13 for 3 course
Just a very nice evening.not rushed.good atmosphere and just could not fault it.
I would recommend it and will be back on a weekly basis...Well done

2  Thank Mylakehouse