“10 out of 10”

Ranked #87 of 575 Restaurants in Preston
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I would regard myself as a fish and chip expert having been in and around the trade for 30 years. I eat here with my Dad every Wednesday who himself has been in the trade for well over 40 years. I simply do not understand the negative reviews I have read on here and assure you that we would not eat here at all unless it was anything other than excellent.
Having had our lunch as usual this week (7/5/2013) we both marked the experience 10/10.
Don't just take my word for it, ignore the haters and give them a try. These are easily the best fish and chips for many miles around. Since I stopped making them anyway ;)

David Taylor

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We have been using Great Eccleston Fish Bar since it opened and have enjoyed both the take away and sit down restaurant. Sadly our last few visits have been very disappointing. The food quality has slipped badly with overcooked greasy fish and cold chips. Service has been poor also. Sadly will have to look elsewhere for fish & chips.

4  Thank footman1972
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Really good fish and chips. I had a monster piece of cod with lovely mush's! Wine was good also.
Had a lovely Saturday lunch here with friends. It was very busy.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We are regular customers but mite not be again.....waitress usless managed to get 2 of the 3 orders wrong....not a pleasant girl at all!
Fish was so greasy even the table next to us complained...beans watered down...
Maybe wont bother again!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

we were regular customers here but not any more. On the 10th January 2013, we came here for takeaway fish and chips. we took them home (10 minute drive) and on unwrapping the fish the worktop drowned in fat. we tried to absorb as much as we could with kitchen paper and even our cutlery dried with a coating of white fat.
there is absolutely no excuse for this as I was the only one in the chip shop. admittedly the restaurant looked busy.
so beware!!