“Much improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Gate of Bengal - CLOSED

Gate of Bengal
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi, Contemporary, Fusion, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome to The Gate of Bengal , an award-winning restaurant bringing the taste of authentic, home-cooked southern Indian food to the UK
“Much improved”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

After my last visit 7th July 2012, I decided to give it another go, I was on this occassion not disappointed,my friend and I enjoyed a banquet for two, which was delicious,followed by a complimentary Baileys "very nice" thank you

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank clk1962

Norbury, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Had a lovely meal with three friends. Great service and fantastic food.
The piripiri chicken was fab.
Not too expensive either.
Will definately go again and again.
Thanks GOB

1 Thank MrsNelson60
“Excellent food”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Have been here many times in the past but not recently since a change in management and some adverse reports. Needn't have worried the reception was good and the menu extensive. All of the food was excellent - all six of us were very pleased with their individual choices. There was not a crumb left!!!
The food here has always been a little bland,but flavoursome, however the kitchen will respond to any requests for your own tastes.
Seemed a little quiet in atmosphere, though it was a Tuesday. needs to recover it's previous reputation!! Just visit and you will be happy.
No problems with the food or service - will definitely return.

• Visited November 2012
Preston, England
“We will be back!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

After driving past this place many times we decided to take the plunge and purchased a voucher when it became available on deal monster. I am so glad we did, both me and my husband have agreed that we will return again. The restaurant was busier than I expected for a Tuesday evening. I can imagine that the atmosphere on a weekend is great. The service was very attentive, we took our 4 year old son with us and they were very accomodating. I enjoy a curry and can say that this is the best I have tasted in a long time-even my 4 year old agreed who happily tucked into his warm crunchy poppadoms and tasty korma. I do think good curry houses are hard to come by so we will sticking with this one especially as it offered great value for money too!

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fantastic”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great range of food, excellent service, really good value and they made a fuss of our little girl (which she loved). Half portions available for children.

Visited September 2012