“Another first class visit Thursday 7th feb.”
Review of POND - CLOSED

POND
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A quirky bespoke tapas restaurant.. bar and deli with a difference... Serving fresh local produce with a Peruivan twist...We are allgery aware and can assist with ease...Recently Renovated with a funky bar and merged with our sister restaurant duk .... we are the perfect destination restaurant... bar and deli...Vegan...vegetarian and gluten free..
Preston, United Kingdom
“Another first class visit Thursday 7th feb.”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Tonights visit to Pond was perfect for my wife and I. The staff tonight were extremely polite and very attentive making sure we were greeted at the door with a smile and cheerfulness and allowed time to view and choose from the menu without being rushed.
Our drinks arrived promptly and several tapas dishes we chose soon arrived all prepared to perfection.
The dishes all arrived together, hot and plenty in portion size.During the meal one of the waiters checked to see if everything was fine and of course it was.As we had eaten here seversl times before we knew that we would have plenty left overs to take home for the baby sitter ( our eldest son ) so asked for some take away containers.
As usual this was no problem. Sweets followed which tasted excellent and were presented beautifully.
As we didn't catch any of the staffs names I can only give descriptions of those serving tonight; a young blonde haired Manageress who was so pleasent to talk to, a blond haired male member of bar staff and a tall dark haired member of a staff wearing glasses who both showed exceptional politeness and great customer service.
Well Done to those young guns tonight , not forgetting the chef or chefs...Andrea, credits due and needs passing on to the team.

1 Thank jonmagoo
Hi

Many thanks for your very kind review... i have passed your comments onto the team who really appreciate it as do i...
i hope we will be looking after you again soon...
Kind regards
Andrea

North West England
“Great Sunday roast”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

First time visited on a. Sunday, had a wonderful tapas starter and a sunday roast Amazing!! Lovely place, great staff and the best food. Want Togo again NOW!!

• Visited January 2013
Hello,

thank you for your review i am delighted that you enjoyed our Sunday Roast they are extremely popular and we thoroughly enjoyed looking after you ... i hope to cook for you again soon...

Kind regards
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Best Tapas ever!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I absolutely love Tapas and was delighted to discover this place a few years ago when searching for someplace to eat before going to the guild hall. I have since been back a number of times with friends and my partner and went the other weekend for a birthday celebration where everything sounded so yummy that we ordered 16 dishes between the four of us. We actually enjoyed the lunch time offer on that occasion where many of the dishes were £4. The portions are great, bigger than you usually get at tapas restaurants and i find the variety available amazing. The food itself is absolutely gorgeous and i always over stuff myself. Bit surprised at some of the negative reviews on here, have never experienced anything less than good service and brilliant food.

• Visited January 2013
hello,
sorry for my delay... thank you very much for your review we are delighted to see that you had a good time and we hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards
Near Liverpool. England
“Over priced poor quality”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I recently visited the Pond for my work night out, we decided to have the £25 per person set meal because it seemed easier... well everything was swimming in oil, we shared a platter between 4, no problem but other people who ordered the platter had things we didn't and vice versa so we ended up sharing between many others. £18 for a bottle of house red wine which was warm!

I arrived early and was simply told to wait, no offer to tak me to the waiting area or to take my coat. For such an expensive restaurant you'd think service would be better.

We left the majority of the food, not because we were full but because it was such rubbish. I ended up paying £25 for a few pieces of bread and some olives!

I would not recommend this place!

• Visited December 2012
thecooksquad, Owner at POND, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback from your visit, i am surprised to note that you have not contacted us directly where we would have been happy to help.

We have served this banquet now for over 5 months and have had no complaints only compliments and return visitors.

The banquet consists of sharing platters which may be different depending on what we have been asked to deliver, for example in large groups for vegan and vegetarian guests the boards will be different than those of meat eaters and a selection will be sent to the table.
Therefore for tables with no dietary needs all platters are the same.

We do not have a house wine only a large selection of good quality wines from around the globe that cannot be found in shops etc.
The wines are served at their optimum temperature to achieve the best flavor we are sorry if this was not to your liking and i am sure we would have changed this for you if we had been asked, to do so.
I shall look at the staff that served on the evening and i shall investigate the coat incident as we have a cloak stand and normally would offer to help, although some guests prefer to keep their belongings with them.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us as we are busy every day and have many many new and returning guests.
I know we do have guests that prefer to wait in the lounge or at the bar for others or you can go straight to your table, if this wasn't offered then i shall make sure the staff are told to help in future.
Thank you for your feedback it serves to help us evaluate our staff and customer needs and i shall speak to all staff concerned .

Your sincerely
uk
“1 Word. Quality”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Popped into Duk Pond for a light lunch. I had the Catalan stew with Chorizo and my wife had a spicy Peruvian stew,Both dishes priced £4 each were fantastic value for money and very very tasty.We then finished with a hot chocolate with peppers. So sweet then the kick!!The service was as good as it gets,very friendly and very knowledgeable.Will certainly be going back,and would definately recommend

• Visited December 2012
thecooksquad, Owner at POND, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your review we are deighted to hear you had a good time... A all comments are valueable to us and we look forward to seeing you again

regards