“mmmmmmm, lovely!”

Porcinis
Ranked #206 of 535 Restaurants in Preston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Preston, United Kingdom
“mmmmmmm, lovely!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I wanted to go to a renowned gastro pub nearby but it was fully booked so I went to Porcinis, I haven't been for a few years as I was always disappointed so entered with some trepidation. However, we 6 ladies had a lovely meal, great service and reasonable prices. I think that there are some staf changes but not sure but i was all lovely and I am so glad I couldn't get into my first choice as went for a drink there (Rams Head Longton) afterwards and it was terrible service! The only thing I would change about Porcinis is that it needed a few more customers...

• Visited November 2012

Preston, England
“Really wouldn't bother”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had eaten here regularly a few years ago so decided to buy a voucher from Deal Monster. We booked to eat on a Fri night. Firstly, unless the restaurant is full it does lack some atmosphere, it wasn't very busy for Friday night. The service was quite slow but the waiter was pretty much on his own and doing his best. One positive is that the place is pretty family friendly. That is unfortunately the only good thing that I can say. The food was very bland and average. I had a cream sauce pasta which had no taste at all and left me with an upset stomach! My husband didn't get any vegetables with his main course and my fudge cake was hard like it had been in the fridge for weeks. At one point there was a distinct burning smell-not a good smell in a restaurant, Then the bill arrived and this is where I get annoyed, I understand that restaurants need to make their margins-no problem but don't try and rip people off who have purchased a deal in good faith. I understand that margins must be squeezed when they offer these deals but my answer to that is 'Then don't do them'. The bill arrived and we had been charged for our desserts, I was told that they weren't included in the offer-only when I challenged this were they taken off-am sure there are people out there that would have ended up paying it, perhaps I might have considered doing so if the meal hadn't been so disappointing. If we had been impressed by this restaurant then we would have returned again at full price-won't be returning and after our experience it is no wonder that they keep having to offer these deals to get people through the door.

• Visited September 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Called in on a rainy Sunday lunchtime. One of party had set sunday lunch menu chocie of 4 starters & couple of mains, excellent quality, well worth price of £9.95. Other party member had chicken livers and being an expert of such declared best ever tasted. Garlic bread fresh and crispy.

Will certainly call again

• Visited September 2012
Preston
“Average food at best”
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We visited here for a meal a couple of weeks ago the place seemed nice but the place was cold and empty! We were one of only 3 tables the whole evening which should have told us it was not a popular place! My lasagne was dry and my other halfs steak was very thin not worth the £16 they would charge for it! Beware - do not order a large wine as they charge £9 and it is not listed in the menu and they do not inform you until the final bill! I would not go back here again.

Preston
“Very Good”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Great food, great service, no complaints, atmosphere was good and very nice inside, it's a shame the huge and excellent San Marco is close enough to take a lot of business away; I would reccommend Porcini's certainly

Visited April 2012