“Never Again, Poor!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Liverpool
“Never Again, Poor!”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Stayed here for the two nights to visit our son at the university. Sadly it was my own son who recommended the hotel as it is close to his student accommodation (first mistake). The noise was terrible outside as students very close by, complained so was moved to another room which happened to back onto the ring road which was even worse. No toiletries in the room and when I went to ask for some I was given the impression that I was being awkward or was just after additional toiletries as they didn't seem to believe me that there was none in the room. The breakfast was poor as well as the service so much so that we decided not to bother eating on the second morning. Maybe we just went at a bad time, but having friendly staff would have made all the difference!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Wigan
Reviewed February 14, 2010

Just returned from sunny weekend in Preston ! We were very pleased with Legacy Preston International.... the staff were very pleasant & helpful, only downside was location on a one way street... which Sat Nav fails to find.. .so please advsertise better directions Legacy... Otherwise, location near to Town Centre bars and several busy shops is great.

We dined in the restaurant ( first night free evening meal) & although the menu is quite limited, 3 course meal was very good. ... and the buffet breakfast was excellent.

Hotel was spotless throughout and of good quality finish..... Have no hesitation in returning and would definately reccommend this hotel.

Thanx

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dundee
Reviewed January 23, 2010

Excellent Sunday evening rate of £42 for b&b - very comfortable bed and clean good quality surrounds. Liked the decor and lighting plus a flatscreen tv that gave good definition. Bathroom was likewise clean with a powerful hot shower. Breakfast very acceptable. Car parking free and acessible. My wife and I also enjoyed a very good snack meal in the bar area. A hotel definitely worth stopping over at!

Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2010

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights over the New Year and we were very pleased with everything, all the staff were very attentive, the hotel was spotless and the buffet breakfast was very good.
We also dined in the restaurant on two occasions once for lunch and once for an evening meal although the menu is limited all food was very well presented and of good quality , we will probably return in the near future and would definately reccommend this hotel.

Edinburgh, Scotalnd
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We stayed at this hotel on hogmannay. we were very surprised at the value of this hotel compared to ones nearby. It was very modern and had all the faclities you would need to enjoy your break away. The location is only a 2 min walk from a street with bars and resturants (inc wetherspoons ect) or you can grab a taxi to the centre of preston. Breakfast was buffet style and very tasty. Would recommend.

potter
Reviewed December 28, 2009

ultra modern hotel,room clean very up to date wi fi large tv,
near to town,good views from 5th of preston old & new,attentive staff,great breakfast, no complaints at all.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
LONDON
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Finding the hotel was a joke, I knew where it was but the one way system is a nightmare to the unsuspecting.
Check-in, terrible, served straight away but still took 20mins. Staff poorly trained or simply not given the information they need.
Room was very clean, and quiet. The utmost respect to the house keeping team for the room. Unfortunatly cleanliness stops there, the stair wells, lift, and corridoors need desperate attention. Hand rails grubby and window ledges filthy on stairs.
Service, well here we go. OMG this hotel sets the standard of how not to run a resteraunt. 20 mins waiting to get someone to take my order! 1 hour later still no starter.
I went to the bar where staff where lounging and having a laugh, was totally ignored for 5 mins. When I asked about my order I was looked at as I was dirt, and told bluntly by the lady in her un-ironed uniform that sorry where busy! I ordered soup, what is hard about that? Many guests around me where obviously unhappy with the service as was I, suprise. My main course arrived, before my soup! I was so annoyed but took it as I was starving, then came my soup. Faulty Towers is back?
I sat with a friend in the lounge, to my amazement the staff disappeard and left one person on to serve the bar, man the reception desk and run around like an idiot trying to cope with everyone. Impressed by the commitment to guests by a very charming member of staff who went out of his way with a very dificult individual.
None smoking hotel what a laugh, definatley not a family hotel if you get my drift.
Breakfast, well Legacy say they use fresh local produce of the highest quality. Bland, cheap, and tasteless served in the basement? Staff where rude and milk was off.
I checked out early and relocated at the nearby Holiday Inn.
I have stayed at several Legacy hotels this year and was amazed that a good name was associated with this total disaster. Its nothing more than a cheap B+B. Lots of potential in an excellant location but poorly staffed, offering nothing more than a clean room and comfy bed.
Stay here but eat in town.
Lovely building, some staff very ammicable but let down by others, realy is a shame.
Would love to see this place turned around as it is potentailly a little gem. Sorry I cant recommend it as things are.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business