“Great Hotel for a family break”

Legacy Preston International
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent Hotel. Everything was clean and tidy and for the price we paid the quality was way over what we expected. Very large family room with double bed and 2 single beds either side, lovely clean large bathroom. Very friendly staff, lovely breakfast in the morning. Would definitely recommend and would definitely go back, We used it as a base for visitng the Blackpool illuminations and would recommend it for this.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
PhilipLDunn, General Manager at Legacy Preston International, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

steve210676

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, I am glad that you had a good time and pleased to see we offered value for money.

I am sure the children will have enjoyed the Illuminations and I hope we have the chance to welcome you back next year either for the Illuminations or maybe even a day trip to the Lake District or Blackpool.

Kind regards

Philip

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed 1 night paid £36 including breakfast.Welcoming young lady on reception who gave good clear instructions about FREE WI-FI and directions to room.
Bed very comfy.Room very clean and warm.Breakfast was great,good selection of fruit,cereals,full english,tea,coffee and fruit juice.Breakfast lady also very nice we were greeted with a friendly "hello" and she cleared tables very quickly.
Checking out was very easy too,due to young man on morning reception.
This hotel is well worth a visit if your in the area.Cannot complain at all.The staff are all very good makes such a change to go somewhere and not find even a small fault.Thought the magnets on shower curtains were a great idea!!! (you have thought of everything.)
THANK YOU FOR OUR STAY-WE WILL BE BACK.:-)

• Stayed: November 2012

maniLincoln

Many thanks for your review, Please be assured that I will share all your comments with the relevant departments and I will also mention to our Chief Executive that you think his “magnetic shower curtains” are a great idea. I am also sure that I will be reminded many times well into 2013 that it was his idea.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and hope that we continue to exceed your expectation but if there is anything your think we can improve please let us know.

Kind regards

Philip

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th November. Friendly service at reception and found the rooms excellent, very spacious and a good bathroom with excellent shower. The breakfasts were also really good with as much as you could eat. The only negative for me was the bar area which was not that welcoming with only bottled beers available. There was not many people using the facility and to advertise why not join friends and watch Sky football here, then to find they did not have the facility was a bit disappointing. However we would definitely stay here again and is only a ten minute walk into the town centre.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We checked in with friendly efficient staff who gave us useful information for our stay. The room was clean and of a good size. We had access to a good stock of beverages. On return from a night out I requested some milk for drinks and this was promptly supplied at the front desk. The hotel was quiet and we had a very good nights sleep in clean comfortable beds. There was plenty of hot water for baths and showers . We had good control of the heating controls and were comfortable for the duration of our stay. We were on the roadside but not disturbed as the double glazing was efficient. Breakfast was served up to 11 am which is brilliant for a Sunday and we had a good choice of well prepared food including fresh fruits, drinks, yogurts, cereals , teas, coffees, toasts, pastries. Stocks were continually replenished. We would definitely stay here again if we went to Preston. Who wouldn't at less than £47 for two.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Whilst the prices charged are similar if not cheaper than some of our standard British budget chains, the quality of my stay exceeded my experience of staying in those types of hotel. The outside isn't impressive - gives the impression of a converted office block, but once inside I received a warm welcome from a friendly and helpful receptionist. The room was spacious, well maintained and thought out, lovely comfortable bed, nice sparkling clean bathroom with good toiletries and a well stocked hospitality tray. Big flat screen tele with Freeview, and a big bonus - free wi-fi throughout the hotel. Didn't eat dinner in restaurant but enjoyed the breakfast which had plenty of choice on a self service basis. I noticed that the hotel proudly displays an excellent 5 rating for food hygiene, so you can eat there with confidence.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I want to start my review by saying I can't believe the negative comments some people (eg kentyankee & Kim L ) have put on here. If the heat from towel-rail was an issue, you could have just closed the bathroom door! The double glazing was adequate with the correct space between the 2 sheets of glass! I couldn't hear any noise, all I did hear was about 2 cars going by, not at the same time. There were no drunken students anywhere to be heard & it was a Friday night when I was there. You can't expect the Hotel Staff to do anything about any noise from outside anyway, its not their fault & you cant expect them to go outside & ask people to be quiet as they pass by. You can imagine what they would get told!! In ANY Hotel in the country, you can expect to get a little noise of somekind, yes some people are just inconsiderate, banging room doors, being a little verbally loud too. Another time, dont blame the Hotel, maybe YOU should ask people to be quiet!!!Oh the room radiator has got a thermostat so you CAN alter the temperature in your room, the one in my room was in perfect working order! Kim L if people wish to go outside for a cigarrette & a chat, thats their choice, even if they wish to stay 'all night' (exageration I'm sure) its none of your business. Its no fault of the Hotel either, to be located on a 'one way system', its the fault of Preston Council Highway's Department to change the 2 way traffic system to one way! I found it quite easy to find, you can get good directions from Google UK Local Maps! Some people expect too much when staying in a Hotel. If you want 'Ritz' surroundings & pay 'Ritz' prices, then go to one of those Hotels instead.
Now my POSITIVE review! My visit was to see the Blackpool lights. I had looked at Hotels in Blackpool but they were either very rough looking & cheap, or very expensive. I have stayed mostly in Travel Lodge & Premier Hotels who's tarrif does not include breakfast & prices can be expensive for what you get! I found this hotel by searching on Google. I was so very pleasantly surprised when I looked at this one because it only cost £45 for myself & my husband, for one night INCLUDING breakfast! That in my estimation is fantastic value!!I liked the look of the Hotel too! Do look at the photo's on the Hotel web-site.So of course I booked straight away, through Booking.com.When we arrived, one way system no probs, we were very impressed by the shiny, clean reception area & we got such a warm welcome.We had arrived from Rugby just after mid-day & the Receptionist said we can check in there & then because our room was ready.Check-in is normally 2pm.How great was that!The room was spotless,bathroom spotless & tiles & mirror had no smears anywhere like I have seen in some Hotels.Towells, hairdryer (found in drawer),small bottle of good quality shampo & shower gel (great fragrance) & silver box of tissues in bathroom,tea/coffee making facilites + pack of 2 biscuits,TV - what more could you ask for?We took a walk into Preston Centre (approx 10mins away) in the afternoon & wow there are loads of fantastic shops, even independant businesses doing so well, as well as the usual Next, New Look, Argos, Curry's etc. There are 2 indoor shopping precincts too!We went off to Blackpool early evening till 9.30ish & had a wonderful time.On return to Hotel, the Receptionist on duty was a friendly & welcoming as the one on duty when we first arrived.The beds really are so comfortable, pillows very comfortable & duvets are soo snuggly & warm. We had a GREAT nights sleep.Breakfast was great too, with everything you could possibly want.
YES I loved this Hotel, YES I will return again, YES I would recommend it to anyone, YES I give Top Ratings on this Hotel for everything, tariff rate included. This Hotel is Top on my list of all the Hotel's I have stayed in!
A huge THANK YOU to all the Hotel Staff for making my stay (shame it was only 1 night) so perfect in every way & for being the Hotel that you are!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I am sure all the rooms are as good as the one I was in. Please do not take any notice of the negati...