“Full English”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had a breakfast here this morning and when they say "Full English" they mean FULL; cereal, juice then half a pig (sausages and bacon) black pudding, eggs, mushrooms, beans, tomato, half a loaf of bread toasted. its served as part of the b+b or 9:30 til 12:00 daily to the general puplic.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have visited here as part of a couple and a large group many times. On each visit the food has been worse than the time before. My last two visits: the steak and ale pie was so salty it was inedible and then, on my very last visit, when I asked if the moussaka was 'firm' as I hate runny moussaka I was told it was. It wasn't. It was runny, greasy and tasteless. That said, the pate starter was lovely, should have had 2 of those! My friend had the chicken supreme risotto and was very underwhelmed also. Plus they ran out of my preferred drink after just 2 drinks. That was my last visit. I'm trying the stags at goosnargh instead this week as the reviews have been outstanding...

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Called in on Friday on our way home from work 28th June around 6 the place was busy busy. Had to wait a little while so booking would have been a good idea. Had a starter from the al a carte menu Potted Duck excellent followed by Steak pie from the pub menu yummy. This with two pints of Moor-houses what a way to start the weekend.
All served by the very nice staff at the Corporation Arms. The place was extremely busy when we left so if your going at the weekend advisable to book.

Corporation A, Assistant Manager at Corporation Arms, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, feedback is very much appreciated.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have just had an amazing meal at the Corporation Arms. The beef and mushroom goulash was the tastiest dish I've had in a long while cooked to perfection. Followed by sticky toffee pudding yummy, yummy. There was five of us and not a crumb was left.

Thank you very much for your review, we very much appreciated your comments.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

warm friendly feeling the best and biggest steaks around choice of food excellent good service I have visited on many ocassions and never been dissapointed