“Perfect little gem”

Ranked #144 of 319 Restaurants in Solihull
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have been going to the Punchbowl for over 4 years and the consistency of the food and service has not changed. Firstly the setting of the pub is idyllic with lots of parking and situated amidst fields in a local village not far from Solihull.

The owners are very friendly and the pub is warm and initimate without being pretentious. The menu very rarely changes but they do have seasonal specials and daily specials which change from time to time. The portion sizes are quite large but not overwhelming especially as they also do some lovely desserts too.

The atmosphere is buzzing when busy without being loud and noisy and is a perfect family place where children are very welcome. Most of the waiting staff are Australian and they have all been trained to a high level as over the past 4 years I haven't come across an unhappy waiter/waitress.

Overall a lovely place for a celebration or a quiet dinner or lunch - lovely hearty food in a idyllic setting.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I went to the Punchbowl with my better half on Jan 16th 2013 and was delighted. The food was perfect, especially the pate and the portions were plentiful. The fish and chips were cooked to perfection and very nicely presented. I had a goats cheese salad which was really delicious and also very nicely presented. The staff were attentive and i really enjoyed the quality of wine on offer. Overall this restaurant is classy and cosy. Compliments to the head chef who is clearly delivering exactly what people want. We will be returning very soon. I would highly recommend this restaurant to adults looking for a relaxing evening of fine wine and dining. This is not really a place for children, unless you are attending a private function.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I visited the pub (now far from just a 'pub') for the first time in about 20 years for dinner with some friends and had a wonderful evening. The atmosphere is friendly and smart and the food really was delicious. Once of the best places i have ever been to.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Four of us went to the Punchbowl to relax and enjoy time together over lunch. We were welcomed and taken care of by cheerful and efficient staff throughout our two hours there. Food was very good and there was a good choice available at each course.desserts were very attractively presented as well as being delicious.The belly pork crackled beautifully.
I am already looking forward to the next time!

1  Thank marjorie52
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Went today, the food was excellent and the staff friendly and efficient. The pâté starter was one of the best I had the salmon fish cakes again top marks, had sticky toffee pudding, lovely it had great custard and rum & raisin ice cream. My friend and I enjoyed our meal and I would recommend it to all my friends.