“Premier inn Solihull South and The Plough”

The Plough Beefeater
Ranked #203 of 373 Restaurants in Solihull
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

No staff. Dirty toilets. Dirty seating area. Never again. No cups at breakfast, Costa coffee sachets. No hot water, no plates for toast. No staff!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (697)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The waiting on staff are great here but the kitchen and management are terrible.

My steak wasn’t cooked right and the quality was terrible. They wouldn’t allow me to swap a tomato for a mushroom... I mean how stupid is that!

20 minutes to get an omelette for breakfast.

I’d never come here again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

visited Thursday evening had great service and great food .The restaurant was busy and the waitress had time to deal with all our requests she was delightful her name was Debbie.We will be coming back with our family.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went for a family meal at 6.30pm. Waitress did her best but seemed to have far too many tables to serve. Long wait between courses and took nearly two and a half hours for just a two course meal. Food was pretty uninspiring, triple cooked chips were like Iceland chunky chips and all food very basic, perhaps that’s what Beefeater is all about but for the same price or less you can get much better food in many of the local restaurants. It all looks a bit tired and dated.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Went for our wedding anniversary as we did a few years back,back then throughly enjoyed visit although my husband was unhappy with his very expensive steak that was full of fat and gristle and bleeding when was asked for cooked throughly throughout. Now this time he enjoyed his steak and it was me that had the same problem he did back then,we had to wait easy 10 mins to be seated although I booked,its just nobody came to the front desk when the restaurant wasnt even busy.i peticuly asked for no pink or blood in my steak so first cut its oozing blood and it just got worse throughout, the plate was full of water from the flat mushroom which made chips soggy and the steak only made this worse.the portions arnt good at all for the money you pay,so much so it's no joke that me and my husband went to Macdonald's over the road after leaving and it's not because we greedy eaters either. The menu seems really boring and standard to what it did the few years ago when we went. The waitress was lovely and attentive but how well done means still that raw I will never understand, It ruined it for me totally and who wants a plate of mushroom water and blood???wont ever be going again

1  Thank Sweetpea9680