“Hotel good - Wifi is a nightmare”

Premier Inn Solihull (Hockley Heath, M42) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Solihull
Munich, Germany
“Hotel good - Wifi is a nightmare”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

To make things easy:
Positve points
-Rooms are spacious and have a big Flatscreen
-Bathtub is a plus
-Soap provided for free
-Kettle and Tea/Coffee for free
-Hairdryer in rooms
-Restaurant Beefeater is more or less in same building site

Negative points:
-Wifi connection was OK on first day, but failed on night 2 & 3 - very bad!
-Mobile phone network in rooms (room 50-60) was unavailable or very poor
-Check-in takes ages. 5-10 min - why?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank phiga
Rebecca C, Manager at Premier Inn Solihull (Hockley Heath, M42) Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic comments regarding your recent stay. The team here at Premier Inn are always focused on giving the best service they can.
We are pleased your stay was so enjoyable, and look forward to welcoming you back to Hockley Heath in the future.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Easy to get to the hotel.....friendly greeting on arrival....nice relaxing atmosphere.......The room was bright and welcoming after a long journey....
The resturant was linked to the hotel via a connecting passage...so there was no getting wet should it have been raining....food and service was very good

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank George J
Thank you for your lovely comments, the team here at Premier Inn are pleased to hear we could make your stay so enjoyable despite the warm weather.

We hope to welcome you back to Hockley Heath in the future.

Regards,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed here and we're extremely happy with the quality and comfort of the room. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The price was very reasonable and we will definitely be using this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Becky G
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at Premier Inn. Myself and the team are delighted to hear we could make it so enjoyable for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hockley Heath in the future.
Heswall, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

With Premier Inn you can usually rely on a reasonably good value stay wherever you are. However we had the misfortune to be allocated room 79 here. It differs from the standard Premier Inn layout and therein lies the problem. Whilst I cannot hold Premier Inn responsible for the anti-social behaviour of some of the guests, I can hold them responsible for not protecting me from them. I have always found their room design good as it places you some way from the corridor and the noisy minority.
Room 79 however is on the landing at the top of a set of very noisy stairs, not on the main corridor. It's layout places the bed close to the door and landing wall consequently you hear every person going up or down the creaky stairs. There are only two small roof windows in the room giving it an attic style and therefore making it very hot. Also it is above the reception and you hear every door that its allowed to bang shut. All in all a truly dreadful room about which my wife commented that we may as well have slept on the landing with the duvet over us!
We did talk to the receptionist the next morning who actually confirmed to us that a lot of people had complained about this room and she herself did not like it.
Given that we had a busy day facing us this left us a bit tired as time wore on. Thank goodness we had been able to have a good breakfast
Do Not Stay in Room 79 !

Room Tip: Do Not Stay in Room 79
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SouthernVectis
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Solihull (Hockley Heath, M42) Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had the misfortune of staying in this Premier Inn and had some money stolen from my room - all I would say is beware of what you leave in your room. The reception staff were not at all bothered, didnt offer to let me speak to a Manager until I really pressed them to give me her details and when i did speak to the Manager she was rude and has yet to update me on the state of play regarding the money that was taken from my room.

All in all a bad experience that I wont be repeating

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank daisydollop
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Solihull (Hockley Heath, M42) Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. I was most concerned to learn of your recent experience with Premier Inn. Please be assured we take the security of our guests very seriously. Please email booking details to welisten@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team directly. Thank you.
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have stayed at this Inn several times on my way south. The breakfast is good except no bran flakes , but the fresh croissants just about make up for it.

The worrying part was the booking. I booked online entered my credit card details and pressed enter. I received the online message "Transaction timed out". I did not receive a Booking Reference Number (BRN) on-line nor an confirmation email. I booked again and received a BRN on-line and an email.

Arriving at the hotel the receptionist told me that I had 2 reservations. He offered to cancel one but pointed out that if I had booked the lower cost non-refundable room rate I would have been liable for both reservations. I told him that I would have refused to pay the first one. He gave me a card and asked me to write this review so that the Premier Inn management can act on the obviously flawed computer programme.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TheArgulator
Rebecca C, Manager at Premier Inn Solihull (Hockley Heath, M42) Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at Hockley Heath M42. I apoligise for any issues you enocuntered with the online booking system, please be aware your comments have been taken into account and will be investigated.

Regards
Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night whilst doing Warwick castle and Stratford with the kids for a weekend. I'm a fan of premier inns and I usually give them 5 stars. I think they do what they do very well and once again it was easy to book, great value, they got everything right, the staff were friendly and the room was what we expected - almost. We're a family of 5 so it was unusual to find only 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel in the bathroom. Never mind, off to dinner at the connected beefeater. We stayed at a premier inn near southampton that had a beefeater and we were surprised that it was actually pretty good. Having never been to a beefeater I had expected Harvester standard food and had been really pleasantly surprised that the steak was full of flavour, the service was friendly and attentive, generally we were really happy with it. I was expecting the same here therefore and it wasn't close. The lad serving us was doing his best but when you've got 3 children under 6 and the restaurants not busy you hope the food wont take 40 mins to come out. When it did, the kids meals were on plates too hot to touch. Who sends out macaroni cheese for a 2 year old on a plate you need a towel to hold? Anyway food was tasteless and generally disappointing, especially as we had the steak again as it had been good in southampton. The next mornings breakfast was fine although our 1 year old son dropped his yoghurt. The waitress brought a cloth, put it on the floor by our table and of she went without a word. We didn't ask for a cloth and she didn't attempt to clean up. I always clean up the mess our kids leave under the table I have no issue with that but I was somewhat put out by what felt like the implication that this cloth had been brought because we should clean up.
So, I now don't know if the southampton beefeater was unusually good or if the hockley heath one was unusually bad. All this is relevant because of course they are the 'hotel restaurant'. I will of course continue to use premier inns because they are brilliant value and as i said this is our first bad experience, however, might not pick a beefeater one next time. Certainly we will choose one of the many others in the area when we come back to finish off warwick castle next year.
The rooms are also the sort that you can only warm up not cool down. Fine most of the year but in summer the little fan isn't that effective. Just worth bearing in mind.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family