“Amazing place for a break”
Review of Tribe Restaurant

Tribe Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 319 Restaurants in Solihull
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2014

What an amazing place. Feel like you are in the Caribbean without a 10 hour flight. Fantastic place for a drink and to sit and read a book and relax. Young children love the animals and the grass and palms.

First experience was at an amazing wedding reception, scenery and setting was amazing and we felt as if we were in the Caribbean with fire eaters and drums.

Highly recommend it as some where to go for a relaxing drink.

kel c, Owner at Tribe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Hello, thank you for your very kind review, really pleased you enjoyed the wedding - we look forward to welcoming you back to Akamba. Asante Sana.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Food is great, atmosphere is fantastic - I've visited several times but not sure I would again. If you visit when the indoor restaurant is quiet then you tend to get forgotten about. Hard to get anyone to serve you at the buffet etc. If they accept your business and charge you the same at all times of the day - then you should get treated the same. We didn't and it was disappointing. Staff are nice and polite but not visible and was hard for us to get anyone's attention without walking around and searching for someone

3  Thank Jenniferwhitehouse
kel c, Owner at Tribe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Hello. Thank you for taking time to write your review, letting us know about your experience at Akamba. I am really sorry we let you down on the service side, this is not usually the case - especially if we were quiet - we should have been even more attentive. I would be really grateful if you could email me letting me know the day you came so that I can pursue the matter further kel@akamba.co.uk
Once again sorry and thank you. Kel

Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our wedding day here a few weeks ago and held our reception for 120 people here in the unique beautiful grounds of Akamba. There is no where else in the UK like this. You feel like you are abroad in the jungle, so relaxing, African beats of the drum in the background, bright rugs line wooden chairs with the green background of lush plantation and palm trees not to forget the many many steel animal figurines all over the place, large artwork that is stunning. The staff were so attentive and made this evening perfect, first class service delivered, friendly and helpful. The food was delicious, with its huge choice of jerk chicken, goat curry etc. the resident fire dancer was a huge hit with everyone, wow it sure gets hot in there, we loved every minute of it. The restaurant looks amazing with all the African sculptures and tribal masks. Great choice of drinks, glass bottled Coca Cola - best tasting soft drink ever. Tusker beer - my fav beer now. I would highly recommend this place if you have any special occasion to celebrate speak to them here, they will make your occasion one to remember forever.

kel c, Owner at Tribe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Hello, thank you for the great review. It was an absolute pleasure to serve you, your family and your friends, you are a great bunch of people I think the staff enjoyed the evening as much as you, really hope to see you soon back at Akamba. Once again, thank you. x

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Eight of us visited Akamba as part of our wives 50th birthday celebrations.
All ex-college mates they have been friends for over thirty years and meet up regularly but this being a special occasion 'the boys' were allowed to join in.
The restaurant is set within a garden centre and they use the foliage to create a unique setting, reminiscent of the African bush
The food although nice is not the reason to visit Akamba. It is all about the entertainment and the atmosphere. On Saturday the band were called the Broombreakers and played a mix of reggae and party classic's to keep the evening ticking along nicely. They were so good even I got up to dance, which is saying something. Although that may also have had something to do with the wine !
The waiting, bar and car park staff were all really cheerful and relaxed which also added to the atmosphere.
All in all I would definitely recommend a night at Akamba and would like to thank all involved for such a lovely time.

kel c, Owner at Tribe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Hello, thank you for your wonderful review, I am really pleased to hear that you and your friends had a great evening. Thank you for choosing Akamba. Asante Sana.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Akamba is a unique experience - garden centre, restaurant, African experience and at the same time you are helping the school children in Kenya. Worth going to see the Metal Zoo! Theme nights are brilliant entertainment. Go as a couple, family with children or a big group.

kel c, Owner at Tribe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Hello, thank you for your really great review, we are really pleased you enjoy Akamba. Asante.