“Wedding Caterers Extraordinaire!”

The Delhi Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 319 Restaurants in Solihull
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the... 'Best kept secret in Solihull. At the Delhi we strive to provide a unique experience in eating, bringing you authentic Indian cuisine, reliving the days of the Old East and embracing the new flavours of the West. Our success is testimony to the exquisite presentation of our food, which is meticulously prepared by AWARD WINNING CHEFS in our OPEN KITCHEN using only the freshest of ingredients. Whether you eat in, take out or use our FREE delivery service, we hope it is an experience you will long remember and visit us again and again.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

10 days prior to our Wedding Day, we were forced to cancel our wedding venue and to book the best alternative, which at that late stage was the Oliver Bird Hall next to the beautiful Church of St Alphege, at which we were to be married.
We approached The Delhi to see whether they would be able to cater for 100 guests at such short notice. Maz, the director and Chef there could not have been more helpful, from recommending the best mix of menu ideas, to reassuring us that he and his team would see the smooth running of the full food service. His confidence and expertise meant that we could relax and get on with planning the finer details of our day.
On the evening of our wedding the team from the Delhi set up smoothly and efficiently and got everyone served buffet-style, just as we had wanted. Not only that, they helped rearrange the room after they had packed away and were on hand to assist above and beyond our expectations!
Our guests were full of compliments for the delicious food and the service they had received.
So, thanks again Maz and your team for helping to make our special day so special!

2  Thank JollyJetsetter

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We found this establishment about 3 years ago, we travel from all over the country to converge on the NEC for the Motorcycle Live event in November Although not having many covers, the staff have always accomodated us extremely well. The service is spot on, at just the right pace, and the food has always been of a extremely high standard. The cleanliness is very good and the staff are to be commended on their food,service & politeness. We just wish it was closer to home, as I don't think they would deliver to Preston.

1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Couldn't decide last week where to take the family out for a meal, then thought of The Delhi as we have not yet been disappointed with the food or service. Food as usual was excellent. The staff as usual friendly, welcoming and attentive. Great hospitality from Afjal, always makes sure our glasses are full! Great Restaurant overall.

Neil Harris, Teacher

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We are from the North East and were staying in Birmingham for an event at the NEC and googled best indian restaurants in the area and the Delhi in Solihillcame up as number 1.

Arrived flustered as sat nav got us very lost and we were late for our 7.30pm booking! The only car park we could find also closed at 9.00pm!

On arrival, you enter the kichen and take away area of the restaurant which whilst was not the most inviting as was hectic, noisy and busy with chefs cooking away, it was clean and very well organised and you could see immediately it was authentic indian cooking. We were taken upstairs to a small seating area for about 25 people which was spotlessly clean and nicely decorated.

We explained to waiter we only had time for a main course and this was cooked quickly for us. It was tasty, full of flavour and one of the nicest Indian meals we have had on our extensive travels. The staff were friendly, polite and over the moon when we said we would put a good review on Trip Advisor!

I would definitely return if back in the area.

2  Thank a h
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was on the road with foreign speaker and I needed to entertain / give them a guided tour between speaking venues. I think it best described as ‘a working break’ for my North American client.

My client finished speaking about 10.30pm and said he really fancied a Lamb Curry. I jumped on TA and found to my delight that this place was about 10 minutes drive away.

I would certainly wouldn't have even looked once and walked straight past it if I hadn’t read the reviews. The outside is truly nothing special and restaurant doesn’t have a car park. Don’t be put off by this. This is a real gem. We were promptly escorted upstairs to a table for two. Quite decent décor and in complete contrast to the frontage / downstairs.

The menu was a struggle, I found six or eight different dishes that instantly appealed. When the food was served it came in very attractive dishes. Both of us commented on their shape and I think we both would like to buy a set. We both agreed the food was excellent and it was about the right amount.

Will I go back? Certainly, and I intend to take another client there when I am next in the area.

Note - I would consider this as a good venue for friends, business or solo. It's not ubber romantic.

Downsides;
- The music was too loud – it needs turning down a touch.
- The bathroom was very cold.

1  Thank Le_Scribe