I have stayed at this hotel many times. Its location is great, the breakfast good and if you get a ground floor rom facing the bowling green a pleasant stay.
However, if you do not expect a long walk around the hotel and me some distance from the bar and reception.
They convinced me to become a loyalty club member as I would be upgrade. I duly did and my preference for a ground floor room (disability noted). Next visit all well - great room. Next one a long way away.
The most recent visit - room 220. Second floor above the reception and where guestssmoke. Extreamly hot. No fan. Windows not left open. When you opened them the cigarette smoke and noise from the smokers was an issue - to 3am. This coupled with taxis arriving, the coach load of Swedish guests leaving at 6am and the lift engineers starting on replacing a lift immediately next door at 8am meant that I got little sleep.
The bed mattress had failed anyway. I could feel each spring. The digital TV box had to be reset every few minutes and the last straw no plug in the sink.
On complaining I was told the hotel was being refurbished and they were very busy. Great for them but what about my stay that night!!! Not at all happy with the response I got or the receptionists. Was given a free newspaper in recompense. Speachless. Probably a 20 room booking once a month lost to them!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Birmingham/Solihull (known locally as The George) started life as a 15th-century coaching inn and now mixes the old and the new around England's oldest crown bowling green. Ideally situated at the end of Solihull's high street with easy access to the M42, NEC and airport, the hotel offers the perfect destination for touring and relaxing in the heart of the West Midlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Ramada Birmingham Solihull reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Birmingham, Solihull Hotel Solihull
- Ramada Solihull Birmingham
- Solihull Ramada