“Very Pleasant Stay”

Village Hotel Solihull
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Solihull
Reviewed March 5, 2010

We spent two nights at the new Village Hotel at the beginning of half-term week and were very pleased with all aspects of our stay. The hotel is nice and new, and in very good condition. Staff were friendly and attentive and seemed to know how to look after customers. The rooms were very nice - we had a family room with truckle beds which were perfect for the kids. Super shower in the room.

The leisure complex was excellent and the pool very welcoming.

Food was good, we ate in the pub and also in the restaurant and had good meals at all times. It is not fancy food but wholesome and tasty.

All in all I would readily recommend this hotel for a short break.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,043)

Reviewed February 21, 2010

We were so pleased with the whole experience of staying at the Village Hotel, Solihull.
The staff, the room and all the facilities were superior to any Hotel we have stayed in and hope to visit again in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bettyboop69_10
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Spent the weekend here over valentines and couldnt have asked for more.

On arrival you can see how new the place was and everything was immaculate. Took about 5 minutes to check in which was good as have experienced plenty of problems in previous hotels.

Room is self is a good size, which large wall mounted plasma screen which includes skysports and plenty of other stations. Bathroom was impressive and helped that the hotel was so new.

Went to gym twice a day during stay and was one of the best gyms i have visited (been member at Fitness First, Virgin Active, Greens and Lloyds).

Evening was spent in the Verve restaurant, we ordered £22 steak which could not have been better as was the services.

All in all i would strongly recommend this hotel, perfect location is visiting Solihull and with Stratford, Birmingham not to far away in ideal location for weekend away.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brummie6741
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I was surprised at the size of the hotel, and just how busy the car park was. The building is quite impressive and being so new gives a lovely impression on arriving.

The main things I wanted to say was that despite being so busy in the foyer area, it had a really nice atmosphere. I was greeted very nicely by reception, and allocated my room with an explanation of how to get to it and details of breakfast. A table for dinner was booked for me too, all very pleasant, and dealt with quickly and efficiently.

My room was immaculate, again being so new no doubt helps, but I felt that it was all very clean with nice decor. The lighting was very good and adjustable and the little extras like the light in the wardrobe, the mirror doors, the iron and the hairdryer all really thoughtful. The bathroom toiltries were a treat too and when I checked if I should have some soap it was brought to me very promptly, checking that I had towels and everything else I needed for my stay. Having both a bath and shower is also a benefit, and the addition of the hand held shower spray a great idea. The Wi-Fi was very useful, and having the iPod docking station is a good idea.

My evening meal I took quite early (it had been a long, tiring day!). The staff were just putting the candles out and no one else was yet eating. I was given two menus, and the waitress kindly explained that I was able to choose from the early diner options as well as the main menu. She also told me the chef's special of the day, it sounded lovely, and the vegetables of the day. Taking my order for a glass of wine she left me to consider the menus. I was grateful for the jug of iced water that was also brought to my table without my asking. The waitress also thoughtfully moved away the unwanted other place setting to give me more room on the table. I had already browsed the room service menu earlier wondering whether to eat there , I am so pleased I ventured down to the restaurant instead. The two things I had decided on from the room service menu were both on the early diner menu. The starter of Garlic mushrooms on toast was beautifully presented, and a meal in itself. I couldn't finish it, only because I had to leave room for my main course, it was lovely. My main of Chicken with my choice of mash potato accompanied by the vegetables of the day was again presented beautifully and tasted as good as it looked. It was brought to me by a smart young lad from the kitchen who checked if I needed anything more. Indeed both waitresses were also attentive during both my starter and main course without being overly present, asking if everything was alright with my food. Only one other table arrived to eat, so they weren't busy with orders however they impressed me by getting on with other things - dining alone it is often disconcerting to have idle waiters/waitresses standing over you. Your two staff sorted out tables, placed out the fold out tables for trays, polished the window in the kitchen door, and who knows what else, but most importantly didn't stand idle, or watching my every mouthful.

I enjoyed a leisurely and hot bath, before heading to bed having adjusted down the room temperature which I think is a great idea as hotel rooms can often be too hot. Sleeping soundly I realised in the morning that I hadn't been disturbed by usual corridor sounds as people come and go, must be some good sound proofing.

After a refreshing shower I headed for breakfast. I much prefer the buffet style option than ordering off a menu. I was greeted by a very cheerful young waitress who was clearing tables but when she saw me arrive left the plates to come and seat me. She took my order for tea and explained where everything was and to help myself. When I checked in I had forgotten to ask if I could have a newspaper, so I asked the waitress if reception might have one for me to read over breakfast. She immediately offered to go and ask, and in the time I was getting myself some juice she had straight away got a paper and already placed it on my table.

Being on business I didn't get chance to use the other facilities, but would have liked to at least have a swim it looked very inviting. Perhaps next time.

I don't often take the time to feedback, particularly as many times I would struggle to find anything particularly positive, however I really felt it appropriate to let you know of my experience.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank chichestersunshine
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Based on the out-of-town location on a business park and the rate we paid (£49 for two people including full English breakfast), I had expected a glorified Travelodge, but this was in a different league entirely. The exterior is starkly modern, almost reminiscent of a multiplex cinema, but inside the hotel manages to combine contemporary styling with a really warm, welcoming atmosphere. As the hotel has only been open a few months, everything is shiny and new, as well as spotlessly clean, but the carefully chosen colour scheme, comfy furnishings and homely touches such as the open fireplaces in the lobby stop it from feeling clinical or overly minimalist.
The bedrooms are beautifully appointed, very stylish but practical too. The bedding was really comfortable, the bathroom had an excellent shower, and the large flatscreen TV with iPod docking stations was a definite bonus.
All the staff we came into contact with were very friendly, particularly in the restaurant, where the Early Bird table d'hote menu was another example of outstanding value for money. The breakfast buffet included in the room rate was also of very good quality.
The crowning glory (and our main reason for chosing the Village Prem in the first place) would have to be the leisure centre. As a proper member's gym/leisure club marketed to the local population, this offered a much better range of facilities than one would expect to find in a typical hotel gym, so it was great to have free, unrestricted access to this as a hotel guest.
Our whole stay, from the moment we walked through the door until we left, was thoroughly enjoyable and I would definitely choose this hotel again next time I have reason to stay near Birmingham. Whilst I gather that, as a Village "Prem" Hotel it may be a cut above the average property in the chain, I would certainly look out for opportunities to try some other Village Hotels as a result of my experience here.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EalingBloke
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Large family New Years Eve Party, arrived at 19.15pm meeting the family, Hotel looked very nice on arrival, entered the reception no one to meet or greet you, unsure which dinning area we were in, we found the family ourself's, sat to eat the meal, average expensive for what was offered, drinks far to over priced, silly how disco was set up allocated in reception area wher the electronic doors opened every time some one walked by, very cold. kids running about every where obviously parents need to control them, but such a pity that this spoilt the ocassion, I am a Weddind Planner but dont think I will be planning any weddings for my couples.

J.V.S.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank coolpixSolihull
Reviewed January 16, 2010

We stayed at solihull village over xmas and found the whole hotel excellent. ive stayed in many hotels ranging from 5 star rated down to £20 a night B+B's and also 7 or 8 different villages so have got good grounds for comparison. the standard of the rooms, the decor, the facilities and the staff were all second to none. the manager even followed up our feedback form to explain for the lack of drinks vending machines (which was about the only negative thing we could say about the hotel!!). can only say id definately recommend or return to this hotel

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple