“One bad night to stay at this hotel”

Village Hotel Solihull
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Solihull
Solihull
“One bad night to stay at this hotel”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I booked this hotel on the basis that it looked good and its hidden away. I checked in late after celebrating my mothers birthday with my wife, I could see they had a function that night with everyone intoxicated. So they put us in a connecting room when I asked for a double room, I could hear everything from the next room so I asked to be moved which they did but at 3.00am a big fight happened on the floor which woke everyone up on the floor. We only got 3hrs sleep. I have to say what a waste of money but the hotel did give me £25 voucher for all the hassle instead of 75% discount. The staff were really friendly and nice hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Cheshire
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I'd give this hotel a 4 rating for the stylish rooms, very helpful staff and nice pool but our meal in the restaurant was very poor - big lumps of gristle in the terrine, very tired condiments and disorganised service.

Our rooms were good though with nice fluffy towels and housekeeping were extremely helpful. The special offer on price was very good too.

Room Tip: Not overlooking the car park!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 8824
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Village is a lovely place to stay, and this was our second visit but there were just a few things that let it down and stopped it from being a perfect stay. Firstly, we were in a room on the fourth floor and for the duration of our visit the lift was out of use. There were two flights of stairs to each floor so getting back up to the room wasn't always that enjoyable. As well as this, we had booked a deal to eat in the lovely Verve Grill, but we were abruptly told that it was full. We had to eat our lovely 2 course meal in the noisy, smelly, common pub! Not much fun, we were looking forward to getting dressed up, but the pub was full of children and noisy sports on tv. Perfect if thats where you want to eat the meal you had been looking forward to, but not for two women. The bedroom was BOILING and we could not seem to cool it down because the heat came on automatically. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, as were the pillows, and the room seemed to lack a few little toiletries that you'd expect. Overall, a pleasant stay, but the evening meal was very disappointing. I had tried to book a table a few days earlier and on seveal occasions nobody ever answered the phone! Seems this place is more of a gym and pub than a hotel.

Room Tip: Open the window!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gracie2113
Wales
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We arrived on a flight from Dubai easy to find good reception staff,asked for some fresh milk for tea no problem , thank you for a lovely stay.Breakfast was good plenty of choice.Parking easy and free !! Also good wi fi.

Room Tip: Top floor very quiet.
1 Thank owainWales
london
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business and attended an all day meeting. I found the service to be very good. The receptionists were very friendly and efficient. The waitresses in the restaurant where we had breakfast and dinner were particularly nice and made us very welcome. The lady who seemed to be in charge is excellent and clearly works very hard! The hotel itself is nice and modern and is equipped with a good gym/pool. There is also a Starbucks which is quite handy. Dinner at the restaurant was nice enough and breakfast was fine. Nothing exceptional about either though.

The bedroom was nice enough but the bathroom was a disappointment. It was designed for disabled persons which meant the sink was very low and I could not stand under the shower. I believe it is great that these services are provided but it would have been nice to have been warned when checking in. It was also a bit disappointing to find no shower gel in the wall mounted unit (very annoying mid shower!) and the toilet had not been flushed when I used it for the first time.

Overall I would say this hotel is perfectly acceptable for a buisness stay. The service and facilities are good and service very good. The food is fine. Personally I was disappointed by the bathroom but I could have just been unlucky!

1 Thank Mrahman247
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on a weekend to have a break with my wife. The hotel looks nice , check in time was quick and staff are friendly. Rooms are modern and clean. Breakfast was good. All our stay was relaxing and we definitly back again. I would high recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alex m
Melksham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had a one night stay here this week on business. Check in was quite slow with only one receptionist on duty at peak checking in time aroung 6.15pm. Initially very pleased with my room on the 3rd floor, it was spacious and modern. On closer inspection i noticed several long hairs on the bedding and numerous hairs in the bath. Also the soap dispenser by the sink was empty, which resulted in me having to negotiate past the shower screen to use the soap by the shower. Yes, I could have called reception to get it filled but didn't bother as only staying the one night, I shouldn't have needed to anyway! I didn't use the Leisure Facilities but they did look excellent. I wasn't working next morning so got to breakfast at around 8.45am, it was then quiet in the restaurant, with attentive staff and reasonable buffet. They leave an 'express checkout' bill under your door but were going to charge £2,50 for a Credit card charge, luckily there was no queue when I checked out! Liked the fact there was a Starbucks in the lobby, I was able to get a Large Americano for the trip home. I would have rated 4-5* has the housekeeping been better.