“Disappointing”

Ranked #99 of 373 Restaurants in Solihull
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After hearing reports about the boat we turned up . Service was good but the food was rather disappointing the starter especially the calamari were very small portions , and the main course was seemingly not cooked enough shame because it is a nice location

Date of visit: September 2019
mikeca1969, General Manager at The Boat Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review, I have addressed these issues with the kitchen team and am sorry that your visit wasn’t a positive one. We strive for excellence and hope you can try us again.

Write a reviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Cannot believe we have not visited before now ... truly lovely pub, decor and surroundings, gorgeous garden and location. The choice on the menu was excellent, would like to see ribs and casseroles added, and less dishes with mushrooms but the portions were great and very good quality. Have already booked to visit again.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King

Thank you for an amazing review, hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a table for a birthday meal and arrived on time only to be told brusquely that the table (in the fairly empty restaurant) wasn’t ready. Went downhill from there: no cutlery till 5 minutes after the food arrived; 25 minutes for a single glass of cider (that we had to chase); and we realised after we’d eaten that there was a special lunch menu meaning we all could’ve eaten for cheaper. The food we had was OK, but really let down by inattentive staff.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you for your review, I am sorry about your experience. Can you give me a call and I can discuss and try and resolve for you. We had 3 members of staff call in sick on Saturday which meant that I couldn’t be as attentive as normal I am really sorry, my number is 0121 705 0474.

Mike Carter

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Called in on the off chance of a meal and was greeted by a man front of house who was extremely rude. Appreciate we hadn’t booked and they were busy but didn’t deserve to be spoken to in the way we were. Thankfully found the Kingsarms who were the exact opposite.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you for your review, I am sorry about your visit wasn’t a positive one, can you contact me on 0121705 0474 with the date and times of your visit so I can investigate further

Many thanks

Mike

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Met here with a friend to eat. Ordered a bottle of petit Chablis but unfortunately there was none cold therefore had to change the order. I was struck by how dirty the place appeared. Staff were really helpful especially the manager. We ordered the fish and 'thrice cooked chips' . The fish was ok but the chips were warm at best and obviously oven chips. This pub could be beautiful as it has a great location. The menu needs an overhall and the kitchen a good cook . Very disappointed . I would not recommend this place. Whoever owns this place is missing a great opportunity to have an award winning pub - very sad.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that your experience Was not a positive one, could you call me on 02217050474 with some more details so I can investigate and resolve.

Mike Carter