“Lovely food, awful service”
Review of The Boat Inn

The Boat Inn
Ranked #54 of 312 Restaurants in Solihull
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, awful service”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I always eat here when we go to an event at the LG arena, however, we may consider eating elsewhere in future. As usual the food was lovely but the service on this occasion was awful. Our server, who I won't name, took 15 minutes to bring our drinks over after first of all telling us that she would wait for someone else to take our order. She was generally, rude, thoughtless and not what I would expect from a server, especially as I am one myself.

Couldn't find a member of the management on our way out so I called them and spoke to a nice manager who I must say didn't seem all that surprised by my phone call and thanked me for my feedback.

Food however, was lovely as always. I had a steak and my husband had a Sunday roast.

3 Thank Lisa W
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Boat Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Lisa W,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Boat Inn in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Lovely Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had a superb Sunday lunch, both the rib of beef and the pork were of a fantastic quality. Absoloutly recommend it; but it is advisable to book. However, the crab starter is very basic. The staff were very helpful and offered to take the 2 crab mains off the menu as it was poor. Definately won`t put us off dining at the Boat Inn again, have booked for Fathers day.

1 Thank Julie A
“Nice spot for Sunday lunch”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had a lovely Sunday luch here with the family, nice pub, good beer! Nice setting in a busy little village, we all had Sunday luch was great. Thank you

1 Thank 07658
Coventry
“A lunch time treat”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I took my husband out to lunch here on sunny day at the end of April. The interior is aged/modern ie. beams but with a contemporary feel. Service was great. There's a large area at the rear full of tables for those extra hot days (we nearly sat outside but decided instead to enjoy the warmth near a window). Menu provides a good range of choices, including vegetarian options. My husband had a delicious steak and ale pie with beautifully cooked fresh veg. I had Chorizo Chicken which I thoroughly enjoyed (warm pepper salad and sour cream accompaniment). There is a meal deal at lunch time so for either £6.95 or £8.95 you can have 2 courses which was perfect for my man - he had steak pie then apple pie and custard. Will definitely go back again soon.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank CoventryFlower
“Great pub”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

nice place for a stop off while cycling along the grand union canal. Very friendly staff, average pub food, pleasant garden.

• Visited April 2013