“The Rottweiler”

Plume Of Feathers - Crown Carvery
Ranked #187 of 297 Restaurants in Solihull
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: As a family-friendly restaurant in Solihull, we pride ourselves on serving up a royally good roast dinner, whenever you want it. Tuck into cracking value carvery meals any day of the week, with your choice of tender, slow-cooked joints, traditional trimmings and unlimited freshly steamed veg.Eating in Solihull made easy. At The Plume of Feathers Crown Carvery restaurant in Solihull we don't stand on ceremony. There's no need to book; just pop in when you're hungry. We also offer Sky and ESPN Sports, a pub quiz every Thursday, and plenty of parking.
“The Rottweiler”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband went to the plume of the feathers to grab a bite to eat. We usually go on the weekend and are known amongst the regular staff that work on these days. All i can say is that thank god they keep the good staff for the weekend. I was met by a 'Lady' who i can only describe as a miserable human being. I found it rather cruel that one of the customers referred to her as a rottweiler, now i have met rottweilers and none are as bad as her. I was greeted with a miserable look upon her face as if i had caused her pain and discomfort by ordering my food and drinks, the hobble across the bar to collect ice along with the tutting made it seem she had ran a marathon to complete this mammoth task. I tried to jest with the 'lady' in the hope of improving the awkward, poor and slow service i was receiving only to have my attempt of a conversation thrown in my face. She then jumped into another conversation with customers that were being served by different staff with the demand to fill in a form for her service in the hope that people would remember her for alternative reasons and actually praise this 'lady' even though the service was provided by another person. Thankfully she never asked me to complete the form as i would have laughed at such a notion. As we continued through to the eating area we had our food and drinks which were as delicious as usual (although my husband had the last of the mash potato and i had to wait for the chef to exchange pots) we were encountered by the 'rottweiler' who was shouting at the waiter and waitress about something, which caused a horrible atmosphere in the room. The young waitress apologised to us once we questioned the situation and continued with her job, although it was clear to see she was upset. The male member if staff continued chatting and joking with the customers as if this form of, in my eyes, bullying was a common occurance.

It was the type of scenario that angered me as this lady was clearly in a managerial position due to the outdated clothes she was allowed to wear rather than the standard uniform all the other staff had on. Does this position allow her to treat people who are probably on half the wages that she is on in such a terrible way? I hope not. I feel a complaint to the manager would have resulted in me speaking to her which would have fallen upon deaf ears and swiftly forgotten about or remained with herself. It is a shame that we had to witness such a bad side to a public house that i held in such high regard. The phrase stands true, the small minority really do ruine it for the majority.

If you are looking for great food and drink at reasonable prices then the plume of the feathers is ideal for you. If its pleasant service and a friendly welcome midweek then i suggest you look elsewhere. I shall continue coming on the weekends when i feel the need for a gumshield and a bodyguard is not required.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank caroline_978

Warwickshire
“Filthy dirty place, but good food and great price.”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

First of all the food is great! But the pub/restaurant is a disgrace to the owner. Tables are left uncleared with food left either on them or under the tables. Food split on floor and left there all over the restaurant floor. All the dining chairs are a mish mash and don't match and are dirty with split food marks. Ripped carpets and the toilets are a hygiene nightmare with what looks like water, but who knows what it really is? Toilet paper all over the floor. Broken toilet seats. If your looking for good food and cheap prices its a great meal. If you are prepared to over look the rude staff and dirt then go, but be warned. I would never visit this establishment again.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank xxcari37xx
“lunch at the plume”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Amazing carvers as usual even though they were very busy just a shame the ice cream machine was broken so no bottomless ice cream :(

• Visited January 2014
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great birthday day out”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Another great visit to a crown carvery this one was busier than the other two but, the meal and prices were up to the usual excellent standard, we now tend to expect from these carveries. One small comment is: it was not very clear to first time visitors as to the procedure for ordering and paying. Although it must be said that the waitresses were excellent in sorting out our confusion.
Many thanks for a most enjoyable 70 th birthday meal.

“new year”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

on the 9/01/2014 four of us sick of the sight of turkey ,decided we would try the fish and chips this restaurant was advertisinyearg ,been here several times during the past year ,being very pleased each time we went ,so we were all looking forward to ,and wow we were not disappointed .the piece of fish was a very size ,plenty of hot chips ,i had beans with mine and a few carrots ,plus gravy yes gravy mmmm ,we all sat there and never spoke a word ,until we had struggled to eat our meal ,asked if every had enjoyed it hands show full house ,i have been back with two of my cousins ,same result well done plume & crown carverys ,we will be back

• Visited January 2014