“Great food in pleasant surroundings.”

Longfellows Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 296 Restaurants in Solihull
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Friendly and intimate family run restaurant. Innovative English based cuisine prepared by chef/proprietor Doug Long. Changes to menu daily.Beautiful garden area for alfresco dining. Early evening and lunch Prix Fixe menu available. Open for Sunday lunch. Only 5 minutes away from Birmingham NEC, Genting Arena,Birmingham Airport and Rail station. Parking available.
West Midlands
“Great food in pleasant surroundings.”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We are four friends that ate here on the last Friday in November 2013. We all enjoyed our food. Well cooked, hot and tasty. Lots of choice, with pigeon, venison, rump steak and rack of lamb (lamb was so tasty). Lots of interesting starters. We all enjoyed our three courses. The cost was very reasonable. Recommended.

Dundee
“Huge Disappointment”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Driving from work in Solihull back to our hotel in Meriden, we have often passed this restaurant and wanted to try it out. We decided to go along and sample one of their 'themed' evenings, in this case French. The menu sounded great but unfortunately the food didn't live up to expectations and was a huge disappointment. The starters were ok however the main course of beef bourguignon was awful. I'm not sure what cut of beef had been used in the dish but it was very fatty. I ended up mostly eating the gravy and leaving all of the meat in the dish. The dauphinoise potatoes were unseasoned and the vegetable side dish tasted very strange as instead of baby onions, pickled onions had been used. After ordering desert, we waiting for 30 minutes for it to arrive. This was blamed on the tart tatin which the waitress said was being made from 'scratch'. I had crème brulee which had a very strange grainy texture and again most of it was left uneaten. The waiting staff were pleasant enough however didn't seem to know what each other were doing as no sooner had we declined to order any more drinks, a second waitress appeared 30 seconds later asking again if we wanted to order drinks. After asking one waitress for the bill, the other one appeared moments later asking if we wanted to order coffee. Despite quite a lot of food left on the plates, no comment was made by any of the waiting staff who cleared them away and we were not asked at any point throughout the meal if we had enjoyed it. All in all a disappointing visit and I'm afraid we won't be back.

1 Thank smcDundee
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Nice little place.”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is a nice little restaurant where you can get good tasty food. Great in summer when you can eat in the secret garden.

North Warwickshire, England
“Nothing wrong but didn't leave a lasting impression”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've eaten at Longfellows twice now and I can't really remember either of the meals that well. That kind of sums up the experience. I enjoyed my meal at the time but wasn't really wowed. Don't get me wrong, the food and service was good, and my fellow diners also enjoyed their meals but just didn't enthuse about it afterwards.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank BuzzardFlight
Solihull, United Kingdom
“HOW'S THAT FOR SERVICE?”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Catherine de Barnes Cricket Club had their presentation dinner and awards ceremony in this restaurant on the 18th October 18th where some 45 people were served with some excellent cuisine along with some excellent service. Any restaurant in this day and age that has on their shelf a very fine bottle of Wolfschmidt Kummel goes to the top in my ratings. Only snag no Hendricks Gin but I am sure they can ratify that fairly quickly(remember the cucumber though!) Looks a good selection of Argentinian Malbecs on the wine list too which is also top drawer. All in all a very good and enjoyable experience which should see me eating there again I think with some chums. Lord BASNETT,President, Catherine de Barnes Cricket Club, Solihull.

• Visited October 2013