“Just what i expected...”
Review of Gables Hotel

and 1 more site!
Gables Hotel
Ranked #49 of 53 Solihull B&B and Inns
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Just what i expected...”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The hotel was very nice and clean. My partner and i had no problems with anything during our stay. We arrived very late and there was still someone present at reception who was happy to greet us. He showed us to our room and then offered us drinks and asked if there was anything he could do. Perfect. As we came down for breakfast (of which you can specify your own time) we were greeted at the entrance to the breakfast hall and asked what we would like which was just great! All in all i really enjoyed my stay and would visit again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This is a nightmare hotel !! Arrived to stay in a room that smelt after a couple of nights came out in bites all over which completely ruined my trip !!!! They agreed to move me to another room ( tried to get another hotel but massive event on at nec and all fully booked ) got in that room smelt of stale smoke, had lots of mould, no tv. In the morning found out that when the person in the room above me had a shower water poored through my bathroom ceiling light !! Massive fire risk !!! Told the manager who said it was fine and it continued for two more days !!!!!! Nightmare place !!! Oh and they wouldn't refund for the stay even though i was bitten to bits !!' please do not use this hotel !!!

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Ruby200

Travelers are raving about these Solihull hotels

romford
Reviewed January 12, 2012

very tired, very smelly room really smells of smoke. Bathroom grubby. last occupants clothes still in bottom draw and no bacon or sausages in full english. Food in restaurant very average

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank romfordandy
Dorset
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip for 4 nights. My colleague booked it and said it looked nice but he did not look at any reviews for this hotel before he booked it (wish he had). The rooms were very shabby, and my first night I had to ask for an Ariel for the TV to work, a bulb for the side lamp and an extension lead (which they never gave me) to be able to have a lamp on while the TV was on, and if I wanted to make myself a drink I have to take the kettle to the other side of the room to be able to plug that in, Oh and lets not forget I had to request a clean sheet for the bed which was stained.....not a good start! This booking was made well in advanced and still got shifted to another room on the last night which by then I just gave up. Summary.....Don't bother!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank DorsetMisty
Balsta, Sweden
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Went for a figure skating camp in Solihull and stayed at the Gables for six nights. The single room was very nice and the bed was comfy. Kettle in the room and comp. tea and coffee. Only 24 minutes to Birmingham city centre with bus 900, right outside the hotel.
The Indian restaurant at the hotel was really nice. Friendly staff. No shops in the area.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Oh my! A colleague booked this hotel for me, never again!
Situated right on top of the busy A45 into Solihull, you will never escape the traffic noise. How long is it since they banned smoking in hotel rooms? The stench still lingers on here after all that time.
My room is filthy, old and worn. Dust, cobwebs, mould. TV is massive but the aeriel is a portable one and broken.
Luckily they made a mistake and only booked me for one night instead of three. I would have left immediately but we're near the NEC so hotels get really booked and charge a fortune for last minute bookings. £150 for a Premier Inn? Just going to have to tough it out tonight.
The bedsheets look dubious, and worst of all the bathroom is carpeted...and has that retirement home smell.

Can't wait to get out of here. Avoid, unless you want to rekindle memories of fleapit backpack hostels of your youth.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank ozvaldinho
dorset uk
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Had to wait ages to sign in and out.Double room booked and required but was told room had twin beds they could push together!Changed for a Double but were made to feel it was hassle.Pokey room,stank of smoke(despite copious amounts of air freshener sprayed before us entering room,horrible.No lamp,no bedside tables,tv remote broken,Chair broken,Air conditioner from adjacent rooves kept us awake as did guests/proprieters going to bed at 3am shouting goodnight several times.Cup ring marks all over tired chest of drawers,en-suite door had to be pushed with full body weight to open,messy painting over mirrors,tiles,floor etc.,Car park very busy in evening,right on noisy, busy road, adjacent lane not attractive,messy,rubbish around etc.
Customer service was poor except one gentleman we saw who gave us an early breakfast on sunday morn.If only the other staff were more like him.Bad experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank retrorats
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solihull
Tri-Star Hotel
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#24 of 117 in Birmingham

Been to Gables Hotel? Share your experiences!