“love it”
Review of The Farm

The Farm
Ranked #8 of 296 Restaurants in Solihull
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Coventry, United Kingdom
“love it”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

love this place food is always good and the place looks brill..i like the private room you can hire..which isnt enclosed...seats 14/16 i think love it xx

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jayne W

• Polish first
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Birthday celebration”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very good, tasty food, varied menu. Staff attentive and courteous. Elderly relative's birthday celebration, staff enabling journey to table along easiest, least taxing route. Would fully recommend this venue.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jan R
“Lovely Meal in great surroundings”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was a little apprehensive booking this meal(a Wednesday evening), as I had read a good deal of great reviews for this pub/restaurant, the last few being tentative about the meal, service and overall experience.
I have to say, all the negatives that had been talked about in previous reviews were non-existant on our visit.
The only comment that had a spark of truth was that the staff were very keen to take orders and you certainly didn't wait around for orders to be delivered, however, instead of finding this a negative, I felt it was a positive. Why? How many times have I been to a restaurant where you ask for a few more minutes to decide and then don't see staff again for another 10 minutes-not the case here, after a few minutes, the waitress came back and we asked for a few more minutes and after that few minutes she came back, great! We didn't feel rushed, it just all seemed to run as clockwork, and for a very busy restaurant, that is fantastic.
The surroundings, as in the eating area, was lovely, a converted barn, with lots of seperate areas.
We were quite close to other diners, but not so close it felt uncomfy.
The staff came and asked if everything was o.k at each course, which it was.
When I booked, the waiter had said they would need the table by 9pm, which was fair enough.
I have read reviews that the food was overpriced pub food. It is definately not pub food as I know it, presentation, taste and choice made it much more. It was all freshly cooked and the portion size was excellent. If this is pub food, I would like to find more pubs serving this.
We both had a starter, a main AND a dessert. All were excellent. We were served bread and oil, plus given a bowl for the lovely salad bar, there were no restrictions on how many times you could visit the salad bar and the potato salad and variety of salad items on offer were diverse and fresh.
I had a lovely time, the food was yummy and left me thinking about it for the rest of the evening(and today) the surroundings were classy and the staff were very attentive and knew what they were doing.
Had I been reviewing a high class, fine dining restaurant, then yes, the tables were close together, but on all other accounts it would pass!
In all we spent £52 and looking at the bill, there was a nice suprise in that because we ordered before 7pm, we got 25% off the pre-7pm orders! This ended up paying for our dessert.
We would definately recommend this to anyone! Well Done The Farm!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank buffercheen
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Me and my partner went here for an anniversary meal, we had 3 courses and it was a reasonable price for the fantastic food you get. The salad bar was good had plenty and was often being replenished. Mine and my partners starter and main were excellent, cooked beautifully and reasonable portion sizes. The menu is good their is a lot to choose from something for everyone even fussy eaters.

We had to wait a long time for service especially when we were waiting for our deserts (I can understand on a weekend but this was a Wednesday evening).

The atmosphere was wonderful during dining and having drinks whilst waiting for a table and the whole place is decorated uniquely and very inviting.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sherrie M
Carshalton, United Kingdom
“Great Meal!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The restaurant is in an old farm barn; which has been converted into a great eating establishment. The food was excellent. My party had ribs, rump of lamb and risotto; which were cooked to perfection. A free salad bowl is available to all dinners with a good choice of salad including sweet potatoes. Comprehensive wine list, notable wines being the house Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Grigio Rose. Good choice of desserts, notably the cheese board - wow!

Attentive service, good car parking facilities, booking recommended, especially at weekends. Highly recommended

• Visited August 2013