I am staying at the Sleep Inn in Tewksbury whilst on business for just under 3 weeks and can I say what appalling service I encountered.
For my first week:-
• The air conditioning was not working properly and therefore my room was very cold for the majority of my stay.
• The client where I was working received a bill for one of the nights stating that I was a non arrival when quite clearly this was not the case.
• When arriving back to the hotel from a day a work my key did not work so I had to go back downstairs again to get it activated.
• I settled the bill when checking out of the hotel but a colleague who booked the hotel still got charged on her credit card – another issue which needed to be resolved.
For my second week:-
• After travelling 4 hours I arrived at the hotel only to find that the room which I had been booked into was already occupied by another guest.
• After lugging my bags back downstairs again I was allocated another room where the electricity did not work (can I recommend that although a cheap method blu-tak is not the answer to a faulty electricity unit!).
• The 3rd room was my original room from my first week with faulty air conditioning so I was moved again.
• The 4th room was a twin room when I was paying for a double.
• So after 45 minutes pulling my suitcase around I arrive in my 5th room which was ok although the air conditioning unit would not switch off properly and kept coming on really loudly in the middle of the night and waking me up (this was sorted out after the first night luckily).
• After my first day at work my key did not work so I had to go back downstairs again to get it activated.
• So finally, everything is ok but then I discover that the hotel did not have me booked in for my full stay and therefore I needed to be moved again after 3 nights (my stay was for 5 nights)!!!! I asked the girl on reception if this was really necessary as this would be the 6th time I was moved. The response I got was ‘yes you will be moving’ (without even taking her eyes off the computer, cracking a smile or even apologising).
So I’m on the move again to my original room from week one. But I can be provided with heaters so yippee! That makes up for everything!
I am only into Tuesday of my second week. I wonder what will happen next week……..
‘First for exceptional value and service?’ Is this a joke!
The only good thing I can say is that they have lovely showers and at least wireless internet connection works so I can write this review!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Purple Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Purple Hotel Tewkesbury