Tudor House Hotel
Travelocity
Jessop House(Tewkesbury)
$123
$119
The Abbey Hotel(Tewkesbury)(Great Value!)
$67
$87
TripAdvisor
Travelodge Tewkesbury Hotel(Tewkesbury)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
The Bell Hotel(Tewkesbury)
Hotels.com
$173
$138
Coneygreen(Tewkesbury)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshigh streetfour poster bedthe secret gardenthe rivercourt roomnarrow laneold buildingjacuzzi bathlots of charactercentury buildingsloping floorsoak beamssingle roomstayed here for one nightmedieval festivaloriginal featureshotel bar
Reviewed October 22, 2011

The hotel is full of character with an assortment of bedrooms. The restaurant serves pub standard food and breakfasts are reasonable. It takes 5mins to get onto the M5 by car. Overall the Tudor House Hotel is fine for a 1-2night stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed at the Tudor Friday to Sunday with my partner and we had a great time! On arrival we were given a beautiful room, Number 9, Lovely sleigh bed with a iron fire place, It was so comfortable and very luxurious! Whilst we were there I also asked for a show round of the "Honeymoon" suite room 1 (Because I am nosey like that) and it was just stunning, A huge room with a four-poster bed and a lovely bathroom, with shower and Jacuzzi bath!
The Breakfast room is lovely and the hotel staff are great, My partner is a tad fussy on what he likes for breakfast and the staff were so accommodating!
We also had dinner in the restaurant one evening, I had the Steak which is from the local butcher and the Chef made me my own Stilton sauce to go with it even though it was not an option on the menu, It was heaven!
The staff are all lovely there and we couldn't of felt more at home and looked after, The hotel is steeped with History and the rooms are all beautiful, So much so I am seriously considering another visit soon and maybe holding a small family event there, They have an outside area called the secret Garden which would be ideal, I have added some photos for all to see!

Room Tip: Room 9!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This inn is charming and the price was fair. Tewksbery is a mid-sized town a short driving distance away from the "darling" Cotswolds villages. As a result, shopping for anything from bottled water to fish and chips is much less. The Tudor House Hotel has a warm and friendly staff. They were very helpful and accomdating. The food in the restaurant/bar was well prepared and had huge porportions. Dinner prices were a good value too. My only complaint was that the mattresss and pillows were the cheapest quality possible. I stayed four nights and enjoyed my time but I do believe they need to upgrade the bedding. I would still recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in a small "gazebo" building of about 4-6 units. It was quiet but didn't have the historic ambiance of the original hotel building, but while there I checked out some of the historic rooms and decided to keep mine because I didn't have to deal with lots of stairs and I believe they would have had the same mattress issues.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank DeborahR_11
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed here in September for one night and thought the hotel was really nice. It's on the High Street in Tewkesbury so there are plenty of shops around but we only stayed for one evening while we went to a wedding.

Although on the high street we found that we werent disturbed during the evening although we were in room 40 that has disabled access so the floor was pretty grubby (presumably from wheelchairs). But the room was clean other than that. Lovely breakfast in the morning and the staff were all very friendly.

Lovely old hotel with lots of history and interesting decor (old knights in the hallway etc).

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and it was great that it was right in the town centre. The car park was a little "challenging" as the spaces were snug. We only have a Peugeot 308 but it was tight. The mattress had a definite dip in the middle and I would have preferred an extra pillow but that aside the room/hotel was charming and all the features really lovely. We found the free Wi-Fi handy too. We didn't eat at the hotel other than breakfast which was delicious and asking for extra toast etc was no problem. The whole hotel was immaculate, the staff were very nice and all worked extremely hard to make our stay pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple