“Not really a Day Spa”

The Escape Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Visited on the 29th October, although I enjoyed my time at the hotel I would only return for a treatment at Escape.
The facilities are good, nice pool etc which you pay an additional £5 to use, this includes a towel. Initially I was told I could join in with aqua aerobics at 11.15am but then someone else said it was full so I couldn't as 'members have priority booking'. Very busy changing area, it was obvious that members weren't happy with day pass/voucher people. Very small sauna and steam room, only 3 loungers by pool area, all had towels on throughout the day. The only place to sit, chat or relax was the hotel bar area. Very expensive and you have to be dressed.
The treatments were fab, excellent massage Rach! I upgraded to hot stone which was definitely worth the extra £10. Again nowhere to sit and relax, small room used to wait for treatments but cold and not very comfortable.
Afternoon tea, included in the offer but not worth it! Although I'd pre ordered vegetarian and did ask that cakes would be suitable for a nut allergy sufferer, the sandwiches I received included ham and tomato and smoked salmon. I did double check the cake which was whisked away so we ended up with 4 (finger slices) pieces of plain sponge, 2 scones and 3 fingers of cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches.
Ok to visit for a treatment (5 star for this) but facilities need to improve before being marketed as a day spa.

3  Thank HPCW02
There are newer reviews for The Escape Spa

Reviewed October 29, 2013

What a brilliant day we have just spent in The Escape Spa Puckrup Hall. We were made so welcome from the minute we picked up our robes to eating the last crumb off our plate! All the ladies were lovely but special thanks to Rachel and Lisa who gave the most amazing massages and facials. We will be back! x

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had a full body scrub which left my skin glowing. The facials are really relaxing too. l have always had good treatments here.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Fantastic, relaxing spa day. Special thanks to Holly for a amazing facial and back massage. Enjoyed so much that I have booked another and joined the hotel Gym with my husband.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Escape spa at the Puckrup hotel is very easy to find, it is literally just off the motorway. My friend and I enjoyed a spa day here. On arrival we decided to go into the bar and have a drink. My friend had a latte and I had a hot chocolate. Cost was £8.20p for the two drinks. Total rip off. The rest of the day was very enjoyable. We were greeted by friendly staff at the spa who provided us with robes and towels and showed us the amenities that we could use. We spent all day in the pool, sauna and steam room. We were surprised that there were not many people using the spa especially as it was a Sunday. There were a few families with children but that did not bother us.. Next to the pool there were some loungers which we took time to relax on. Also at lunch time we decided to eat on the loungers on the patio outside the spa. Our spa package included treatments starting with a £10 upgrade for a hot stone massage. This was worth paying for. I had not had a hot stone massage before and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would strongly recommend it. The rest of the treatment included a facial and also an eye treatment.. Later on whilst my friend was having her massage I decided to use the gym. The machines were all very easy to use. I would certainly come again enjoy another spa day.