“Descent food and service”
Review of The Great Wall

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“Descent food and service”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I always had Rice and curry from here. Food was descent and service was also good. They provide beer and other wines.
You can find them open till late evening and also open onSundays. You can also get takeaway food there.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank manojvnair

“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Really impressed with the level of service that was offered here. The food was great and the value was good. Strongly recommend to those of you that are into the authentic Chinese experience with fresh food and ingredients. Would definitely go there again.

Limoux, France
“A Knockout Meal”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I last tried The Great Wall a couple of years ago and really didn't enjoy the meal, but when a recent flyer came through my door advertising new management, I decided to give it another chance - and I'm SO glad I did! As a strict vegetarian accompanied by my meat-eating partner, we decided to have the vegetarian set meal for two. It was far and away the best Chinese meal I've had and my partner agreed it was delicious. The young, enthusiastic staff are attentive, friendly and very helpful. The whole dining experience was terrific and not only will I be a regular visitor in future, I won't hesitate to recommend it to everyone. At long last, Tewkesbury has a Chinese restaurant that is on a par with some excellent Indian restaurants we have in the town.

Winchester England
“Outstanding.”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

What a welcome! The staff were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. We choose the set lunch time menu & it was very varied. When my mother expressed her concerns about how spicy the dish would be the Manager/Owner was very quick to suggest a compromise. The food is freshly cooked therefore changes could be made. The new owners/managers are very busy updating the dining room, in depth cleaning and as the Chinese New Year is very soon the restaurant is beautifully decorated with Chinese lanterns & gold fish.

The toilets were very clean & a pleasure to use.

We will certainly return to this restaurant when we visit Tewkesbury again.

• Visited January 2013
Gloucester, UK
“A favorite for years”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Great Wall has been around as long as I remember, and I have lived neat Tewkesbury since 1980! The interior is old fashioned but not tired and the food is generally good and the service efficient.

The restaurant is also popular as a takeaway and has all of the usual offerings plus some special dishes.

As regular customers we have noticed some variation, and while the food has often been excellent there have been a couple of occasions where the same dishes have been a good average but this is true of most and as a worst case scenario this is still good.

If you are in Tewkesbury at Lunch time and you don't fancy eating at one of the many pubs or sandwich bars, they offer several great looking lunch deals which look well worth checking out. I've only ever been in the evening but I'll be stopping for lunch soon now I know about this.

The Great Wall is a Tewkesbury institution and well worth a visit.

• Visited January 2013