“The best choice in Tewkesbury”
Review of Jessop House

Jessop House
Ranked #1 of 12 Tewkesbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel in 3 separate occasions so you can all imagine why I had returned for the second and third time to the same hotel, if not I will let you know, so the rooms are very tidy and clean, and the best thing i like about this place is that you cannot find 2 rooms identical, so you won't get bored; the owners Steve and Chris are wonderful hosts, very friendly and welcoming, the breakfast is the typical English one, and another very good point is the location, right in the middle of the little town, so I recommend everyone who needs to accommodate in Tewkesbury to try it and you won't feel sorry about it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I had a fabulous stay at Jessop House, Chris and Steve catered for our every need. Great value for money and fabulous breakfasts. I have stayed here twice and enjoyed both visits.

I can honestly recommend this bed and breakfast, great time, great value, great hosts well worth it's 5* status.

Room Tip: I've looked at all the rooms and would stay in any.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed for one night but would have loved to have stayed longer! Steve and Christine are wonderful hosts, very friendly and welcoming. The nicest, warmest hosts you could possibly wish for. I consider I arrived as stranger and left as a friend.

This part Georgian townhouse has recently been refurbished to the highest standard and is gorgeous. It truly is a treat to stay here. If you crave a little luxury from your B&B, this is the place for you. My room was beautifully decorated and exceptionally clean and stylish.

The breakfasts are first class (thank you Steve) and served in a beautiful dining room which is decorated very tastefully.

I have paid much more for much less at other B&B's. This place is outstanding.

I hope to stay here again as we have family in the area and visit them regularly (I might even treat my husband and bring him too!).

Thank you Steve and Christine for making me feel so at home and best wishes for your continued success in 2014.

Room Tip: I had room No. 5 which was set back from the main road situated at the front of the B&B. spaciou...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PhotoJunkie1959
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Lovely b&b. The room is outstanding with all the look of a top London hotel. Bathroom was fantastic but the shower in room 7 is a danger as it was so lovely I didn't want to get out.

Great stay, will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend at Jessop Townhouse. We found it on Tripadvisor and booked it off the back of the favorable reviews. We weren't disappointed and it lived up to its reputation

Run by a lovely, friendly couple who couldn't be more welcoming if they tried! Outstanding levels of decor, perfect location, lovely big room (we were on the top floor with the fantastic bath!), great breakfast, brilliant value.

Would wholeheartedly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We have had many of our friends stay at this hotel and we have been delighted with the service they received. Our forts stay, and we were well looked after, very friendly hosts and nice rooms.
Great place to stay in the historic town of Tewkesbury.

Room Tip: I am sure all rooms are great, can be a little noisy at from from traffic, but not enough to put you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I am tempted to try and keep this wonderful place a secret in case in the future we want to return and they are fully booked. Everything about this place is lovely!, decor, food, comfort especially Chris and Steve. I cannot to say thank you enough for the warm welcome extended to us, the useful advice given, and the entertaining conversation. Your attention to detail is superb and taste to be admired. Thanks again Chris

p.s. Excellent sausage & black pudding, perfectly cooked

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewkesbury
Tewkesbury Park
#3 of 69 in Cheltenham
The Bell Hotel
The Bell Hotel
#6 of 12 in Tewkesbury

Been to Jessop House? Share your experiences!