“Stopover on the way home after a week away” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury

Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tewkesbury
COALVILLE, UK
“Stopover on the way home after a week away”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were travelling back home after our honeymoon, but did not want to come straight back. So we decided to stop over about 2/3 of the journey home, and booked into this hotel at a dinner, bed & breakfast rate.

Check in seemed to take a while, there was only 1 person on the check in desk. We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a bridal suite (room was called 'Summer' in the manor house).

Initial impressions were good, but then we sat on the bed the mattress was 'hard' and the bed creaked everytime you moved. So throughout the night, everytime one of us turned over in our sleep, it woke the other person up. Our room had a large crack in the ceiling, also the bathroom light switch looked dirty compared to the other light switches in the room. The bathroom did not have an extractor fan, so you have to open the window. Our room was on the front of the manor house, so you then have to close the blind. The room was really warm, even though we had opened the window. The complimentary chocolates had melted.

We had lunch in the hotel bar, the menu was limited & pricey. For a club sandwich with fries, burger & fries, pint of stella and a soft drink this all came to £33

The evening meal was very good, and this was included in our stay. However, there was a lot of items on the dinner menu which had supplements, which could increase the cost of your stay.

Breakfast the next day was average. The orange juice tasted watered down. We asked for coffee and received tea, once this was rectified, we then asked for a coffee refill, they only did one of the cups. We seemed to spend most of the time trying to find a server for one reason or another. The selection of food on offer for breakfast was varied and my order from the kitchen was prompt.

There is no free Wi-Fi at this hotel. I tried to connect my iPad and was met with a £14.99 charge, to which I declined.

Room Tip: I would avoid any rooms in the Manor House.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear CHRIS S

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I am sorry you were disappointed with the room. Please rest assured I have passed your comments onto Housekeeping about the bathroom light switch.

With regards the food and beverage prices these are in line with our local competitors.

Your comments regarding breakfast and service have been noted and have been forwarded to the relevant Head of Department for their attention and action.

Wi-Fi is complimentary in public areas and should you become a regular traveller with Hilton and join Hilton Hhonors once you become a Gold or Diamond Member then Wi-Fi is complimentary in all areas.

I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion we do have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Lynn Bishop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Good helpful reception staff - rooms are average Hilton (and very clean) - given the building and location I expected more. Bar and restaurant disappoint on both service and offering. Breakfast was uneventful and unimaginative. Quite frankly I have no idea why I would ever return here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Traveller027
Dear Traveller027

Thank you for posting a review on this website.

I am pleased that you found our reception staff to be helpful and were pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms.

However, I am obviously concerned to read your comments on the bar and restaurant and would ask that you email me directly at lynn.bishop@hilton.com with your concerns in order that I may investigate in more detail.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very nice hotel with easy access from motorways, friendly staff, good breakfast selection, clean rooms, reasonably priced for a Hilton, lovely surroundings and great swimming pool. Our second visit and would return and recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Marcos A

Thank you very much for awarding us a 5* review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay here at Hilton Puckrup Hall and we truly hope we welcome you back for your third visit very soon.

Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am sure that this would be a good wedding venue, or great for an annual meeting of the Candlestick Makers Association, where you can meet, go to the bar, play a round of golf and put your head down somehere for the night. I wouldn't stay here if I were looking for somewhere to stay on a holiday visit to Tewkesbury - unless I were organising a large coach load of people. I guess the hotel is not aiming at individual tourists. At the same time, if I were organising a business conference for something more dynamic than a genial get together, I would not come here as the phone signal is so bad and the wi-fi is limited. If you want wi-fi in your room, they will charge you for it, a policy not really business-friendly (just because it would be the business that pays doesn't mean it should be taken advantage of). Lack of signal may be an advantage for making sure all guests are concentrating if you are having a wedding, but not if you are attempting a business meeting. I thought the bar prices were fine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear WithScruples

Thank you for your review of our Hotel on this website.

We at Hilton Puckrup Hall welcome business and leisure travellers, For our leisure guests we are located on the edge of the Cotswolds, near to Cheltenham Regency Town and only 50 minutes to Bristol or Birmingham.

Wi-fi is complimentary in public areas and if you do become a regular traveller with Hilton then complimentary wi-fi is available to our Hilton Hhonors Gold and Diamond Members.

I am pleased that you found the bar prices to your satisfaction and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Chippenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This one night stopover was part of a short break for my wife's Birthday. I had spent a week here before on Business a number of years ago. We arrived late so didn't sample the golf course or spa but enjoyed the dinner, bed and breakfast deal taking the optional upgrade to an Exec room in the older main building. We had no complaints whatsoever and have every praise for the staff friendliness, efficiency and the quality of the dinner and breakfast service. The room was bright and clean with quality fittings and toiletries. Although our room had no aircon the portable electric fan worked well. A good base from which to explore the Cotswolds/Vale of Evesham and would expect to return in the future.

1 Thank Jon D
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Jon D

Thank you very much for your 5* review of your stay here at Hilton Puckrup Hall.
It is very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay here for your wife’s birthday and that you found the staff friendly and enjoyed the quality of food served to you.

I was also pleased to note that you upgraded to one of our Manor House rooms and enjoyed the facilities in this room.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the near future.

Rhoose, Wales, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Have stayed here quite a few times, whilst the hotel location is very nice, felt that the rooms and corridors are showing signs of wear and the Deluxe room we were given was quite shabby, frankly, have stayed in nicer Premier Inns!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Andy_15_13

Many thanks for completing a review on our Hotel. I was pleased to see that you found the location to your satisfaction and that you have visited us a few times now.

However I was disappointed to read your comments about the room and corridors and I do sincerely hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again to Hilton Puckrup Hall in the not too distant future.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Brought my wife for a Birthday Celebration the hotel is nice but the food and drinks are very expensive.The room was clean bur represented a rabbit hutch.
Bathroom had a broken sink.
Restaurant staff were very good.

1 Thank mickholliday
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear mickholliday

Many thanks for posting a review of your recent stay here at Hilton Puckrup Hall on this website.
I note your comments about the room, the Hotel does have different room types, Hilton standard double rooms, Hilton double deluxe, Double deluxe plus (rooms in our Manor House) 2 suites Standard family double, Deluxe family Double, Standard twin and Twin deluxe rooms. Our deluxe and deluxe plus rooms are larger than our standard rooms.

Would you be kind enough to email me at lynn.bishop@hilton.com with your room number as I am obviously concerned about the maintenance issue with the sink. I can confirm that the food and beverage prices are in line with our competitors in the area.

I’m pleased that you found our staff friendly and I look forward to hearing from you.

Lynn Bishop
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewkesbury
Tewkesbury Park
Jurys Inn Cheltenham
Jurys Inn Cheltenham
#9 of 22 in Cheltenham
Premier Inn Tewkesbury Hotel

Been to Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury? Share your experiences!