“Nothing memorable, just a very functional sort of hotel”

Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tewkesbury
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am sure that this would be a good wedding venue, or great for an annual meeting of the Candlestick Makers Association, where you can meet, go to the bar, play a round of golf and put your head down somehere for the night. I wouldn't stay here if I were looking for somewhere to stay on a holiday visit to Tewkesbury - unless I were organising a large coach load of people. I guess the hotel is not aiming at individual tourists. At the same time, if I were organising a business conference for something more dynamic than a genial get together, I would not come here as the phone signal is so bad and the wi-fi is limited. If you want wi-fi in your room, they will charge you for it, a policy not really business-friendly (just because it would be the business that pays doesn't mean it should be taken advantage of). Lack of signal may be an advantage for making sure all guests are concentrating if you are having a wedding, but not if you are attempting a business meeting. I thought the bar prices were fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear WithScruples

Thank you for your review of our Hotel on this website.

We at Hilton Puckrup Hall welcome business and leisure travellers, For our leisure guests we are located on the edge of the Cotswolds, near to Cheltenham Regency Town and only 50 minutes to Bristol or Birmingham.

Wi-fi is complimentary in public areas and if you do become a regular traveller with Hilton then complimentary wi-fi is available to our Hilton Hhonors Gold and Diamond Members.

I am pleased that you found the bar prices to your satisfaction and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This one night stopover was part of a short break for my wife's Birthday. I had spent a week here before on Business a number of years ago. We arrived late so didn't sample the golf course or spa but enjoyed the dinner, bed and breakfast deal taking the optional upgrade to an Exec room in the older main building. We had no complaints whatsoever and have every praise for the staff friendliness, efficiency and the quality of the dinner and breakfast service. The room was bright and clean with quality fittings and toiletries. Although our room had no aircon the portable electric fan worked well. A good base from which to explore the Cotswolds/Vale of Evesham and would expect to return in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Jon D
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Jon D

Thank you very much for your 5* review of your stay here at Hilton Puckrup Hall.
It is very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay here for your wife’s birthday and that you found the staff friendly and enjoyed the quality of food served to you.

I was also pleased to note that you upgraded to one of our Manor House rooms and enjoyed the facilities in this room.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Have stayed here quite a few times, whilst the hotel location is very nice, felt that the rooms and corridors are showing signs of wear and the Deluxe room we were given was quite shabby, frankly, have stayed in nicer Premier Inns!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Andy_15_13

Many thanks for completing a review on our Hotel. I was pleased to see that you found the location to your satisfaction and that you have visited us a few times now.

However I was disappointed to read your comments about the room and corridors and I do sincerely hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again to Hilton Puckrup Hall in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Brought my wife for a Birthday Celebration the hotel is nice but the food and drinks are very expensive.The room was clean bur represented a rabbit hutch.
Bathroom had a broken sink.
Restaurant staff were very good.

1  Thank mickholliday
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear mickholliday

Many thanks for posting a review of your recent stay here at Hilton Puckrup Hall on this website.
I note your comments about the room, the Hotel does have different room types, Hilton standard double rooms, Hilton double deluxe, Double deluxe plus (rooms in our Manor House) 2 suites Standard family double, Deluxe family Double, Standard twin and Twin deluxe rooms. Our deluxe and deluxe plus rooms are larger than our standard rooms.

Would you be kind enough to email me at lynn.bishop@hilton.com with your room number as I am obviously concerned about the maintenance issue with the sink. I can confirm that the food and beverage prices are in line with our competitors in the area.

I’m pleased that you found our staff friendly and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel was a real gem! Located on a huge expanse surrounded by nature, an 18-hole golf course and walking trails...only a 5-minute drive from the town of Tewkesbury yet far enough away to avoid both traffic and noise. The staff were pleasant and very helpful, giving us maps of the area and tips on where to eat and what to see. We had a comfortable room on the second floor with a small balcony overlooking the golf course. This was extremely pleasant even though we experienced plenty of rain during our 5-day stay. Breakfast was ample and varied with much to choose from and the chef would be only too happy to make your favorite omelet. The only problem I had was using the internet. The hotel offered only one computer in the lobby for a fee but after using it the first day, it broke down and did not get repaired for the rest of my stay. One of the supervisors though, graciously offered me to use their office computer and I was very grateful. This hotel also offered free overnight parking, a bonus for us. It was a restful place to return to after sightseeing all day in the Cotswolds. I highly recommend this hotel, it is clean, with well-appointed rooms, a comfortable bar with snacks, although pricey, family friendly and set among beautiful surroundings.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Summerwinds59

Dear ahyyti9146

Thank you so much for your 5-star review. I was delighted to read your comments and it was great to hear you found your room nicely appointed and our staff were helpful in sorting out your internet requirements.

I’m also pleased you enjoyed the surroundings and that you were able to take advantage of a visit to the beautiful Cotswolds during your stay.

I do hope that next time you are in the UK, you will visit us again.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Excellent location - reasonably close to the motorway but far enpugh from it to be in the hear of a wonderful country hall estate. Just 3 miles from Tewkesbury centre with choice of pubs and restaurants.
Our room had wonderful views over the golf cource up to the Malvern Hills. The whole hotel is spotlessly clean. Bar and restaurant staff very friendly and helpful. Usual exceptional 'Hilton' buffet breakfast!

Room Tip: Some rooms are a very long walk from the lift! Second floor overlooking the golf cource is the place...

Dear HedgePie

Many thanks for your 5* review of our Hotel on this website.

I was delighted to read that you had an excellent stay with us and found the location, room and staff all met your expectations of a Hilton Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Puckrup Hall hopefully at some time in the near future.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We came here for a birthday celebration over a lone weekend. It is a really lovely hotel on a picturesque golf course. The staff are very friendly and the food is very nice if a little on the expensive side. The gym and pool are are nice and well equipped. I would love to stay again

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear N100KDW

Thank you for posting a review of our Hotel on this website. I am pleased that you found our staff friendly and enjoyed the stunning views of our golf course.

I have noted your comments with the food prices and can confirm that they are in line with our competitors in the area.

I’m glad you enjoyed the birthday celebrations here at the Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Lynn Bishop

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewkesbury
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
#4 of 23 in Cheltenham
The Lygon Arms
The Lygon Arms
#6 of 6 in Broadway

Been to Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury? Share your experiences!