“A jewel!”

Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tewkesbury
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel was a real gem! Located on a huge expanse surrounded by nature, an 18-hole golf course and walking trails...only a 5-minute drive from the town of Tewkesbury yet far enough away to avoid both traffic and noise. The staff were pleasant and very helpful, giving us maps of the area and tips on where to eat and what to see. We had a comfortable room on the second floor with a small balcony overlooking the golf course. This was extremely pleasant even though we experienced plenty of rain during our 5-day stay. Breakfast was ample and varied with much to choose from and the chef would be only too happy to make your favorite omelet. The only problem I had was using the internet. The hotel offered only one computer in the lobby for a fee but after using it the first day, it broke down and did not get repaired for the rest of my stay. One of the supervisors though, graciously offered me to use their office computer and I was very grateful. This hotel also offered free overnight parking, a bonus for us. It was a restful place to return to after sightseeing all day in the Cotswolds. I highly recommend this hotel, it is clean, with well-appointed rooms, a comfortable bar with snacks, although pricey, family friendly and set among beautiful surroundings.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Summerwinds59
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear ahyyti9146

Thank you so much for your 5-star review. I was delighted to read your comments and it was great to hear you found your room nicely appointed and our staff were helpful in sorting out your internet requirements.

I’m also pleased you enjoyed the surroundings and that you were able to take advantage of a visit to the beautiful Cotswolds during your stay.

I do hope that next time you are in the UK, you will visit us again.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Excellent location - reasonably close to the motorway but far enpugh from it to be in the hear of a wonderful country hall estate. Just 3 miles from Tewkesbury centre with choice of pubs and restaurants.
Our room had wonderful views over the golf cource up to the Malvern Hills. The whole hotel is spotlessly clean. Bar and restaurant staff very friendly and helpful. Usual exceptional 'Hilton' buffet breakfast!

Room Tip: Some rooms are a very long walk from the lift! Second floor overlooking the golf cource is the place...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear HedgePie

Many thanks for your 5* review of our Hotel on this website.

I was delighted to read that you had an excellent stay with us and found the location, room and staff all met your expectations of a Hilton Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Puckrup Hall hopefully at some time in the near future.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We came here for a birthday celebration over a lone weekend. It is a really lovely hotel on a picturesque golf course. The staff are very friendly and the food is very nice if a little on the expensive side. The gym and pool are are nice and well equipped. I would love to stay again

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear N100KDW

Thank you for posting a review of our Hotel on this website. I am pleased that you found our staff friendly and enjoyed the stunning views of our golf course.

I have noted your comments with the food prices and can confirm that they are in line with our competitors in the area.

I’m glad you enjoyed the birthday celebrations here at the Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Spacious, well equipped, bright room ( 104 - designed for disabled ) with fabulous views of golf course, and an enormous safe ! Very good food at dinner and breakfast. Very helpful staff - thank you Michelle at Reception. Lovely terrace area by start of gold course - ideal for morning coffee or pre dinner drinks - could do with a few more tables and chairs.

Good pool with views of golf course, but water was very hot ( 34 Degrees ) and locals opened the emergency doors for fresh air. The warmth of the water was accentuated I think by heat from the sun via glass windows. I am sure the extra warmth would be appreciated in winter. Also it seems more of a leisure pool ( which is fine ) than for " club championship swimming " ( LOL ) due to its circular design and medium sized length. Also,it felt a bit crowded with about 10 swimmers when I was there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Beachandsea

I was delighted to read your 5-star review of our Hotel and pleased that you enjoyed room 104 and for the kind comments you made about our Front of House Manager, Michelle, I shall sure she is made aware of your feedback.

I’m pleased you enjoyed the quality of food and service also here at Puckrup Hall and the views of the golf course when sitting on the Terrace.

I am glad you experienced the variety of things within our Hotel even though you had only stayed for one night, and I truly appreciate your feedback. I look forward to seeing you again very soon and hopefully you will be able to extend your stay.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We took our family of three young children (all under 3) here. The staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating of our needs. The rooms in the Manor House are particularly attractive and well worth the small premium.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ralph B

Thank you for awarding us a 5* review on your recent visit to Hilton Puckrup with your three young children.

Your comments are very much appreciated and I am glad you liked your room in the Manor House.

I shall ensure the staff are made aware of your kind comments and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to Puckrup Hall in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Loved this hotel, had a relaxing 2 day stay, rooms were clean and staff were very friendly. Had a lovely balcony room overlooking the golf course. Would definately recommend. Restaurant was expensive but the fillet of steak was stunning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.

I am pleased to read that you had a relaxing 2 day stay and that you were pleased with the standard of housekeeping and found our staff very friendly.

I shall pass on your comments to the Chef about the fillet steak, I’m sure he will be delighted to read them.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Puckrup Hall very soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed June 1, 2013

After a disastrous break at a Radisson hotel this was a delight. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful. Excellent food and facilities - pool in particular. We visited a Cider farm in Herefordshire and it was a perfect base for our Land Rover off road day at Eastnor.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Vivien C

I was delighted to read that you had awarded us a 5 star review of our Hotel.

It is very pleasing to receive such positive feedback as yours and I shall make all the staff aware as receiving comments like this is very motivating for them.

I’m also glad that you found the location ideal for local attractions such as the Weston Cider Mill and Eastnor Castle.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Puckrup Hall in the very near future.

Lynn Bishop

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewkesbury
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
Cotswold Grange Hotel
Cotswold Grange Hotel
#3 of 23 in Cheltenham

Been to Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury? Share your experiences!