“Good Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tewkesbury
Carmarthen
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed on a Saturday night and had an upgrade to a room in the old manor. Did not think it was worth it. The hotel reception was polite and efficient, rooms clean and tidy. The leisure facilities are good and well apointed. We had a meal in the restaurant on the Saturday night and we both found it excellent, complements to the chef. Breakfast was excellent also overlooking the golf course. Overall a good hotel in a pleasant location. Would I stay there again? Yes of course I will.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review on this website.

We were pleased that you enjoyed your stay here. The rooms in the Manor House do vary in size.

The comments you make about our reception staff, the cleanliness of the rooms and leisure facilities are very much appreciated. The Chef will also be delighted to receive your comments about the food.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

With kind regards.

Lynn Bishop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Polish first
london
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Just off M50 motorway so very easy to find, but no traffic noise. Feels very rural in fact. Staff uniformly efficient, helpful and pleasant. Top floor room overlooking golf course was reasonably sized and equipped as you expect a Hilton. Proper club gym and pool. Didn't play golf course, but from look of it and the card it seemed very decent. Typical Hilton buffet style breakfast, in a pleasant room. Bar was ok, if overpriced.
Only downsides were very poor water pressure in shower, and noise insulation between rooms was not the best I have encountered.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking golf course
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rural surroundings of Puckrup Hall also the standard of accommodation and leisure facilities. We have an 18 hole championship golf course and I sincerely hope you will return to Puckrup and play the course in the coming summer months.

I have asked our maintenance team to check the water pressure and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I hope you will return to Puckrup Hall in the near future and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We are Hilton regulars and although this hotel is in a good location with the facilities we have come to expect, it still seems tired and both the rooms and the communal areas would really benefit from sprucing up. In that respect no improvement from our visit last year. Breakfast was up to usual high Hilton standards although the buffet wasn't being replenished particularly quickly which led to queuing and grumpy comments from a few of the guests. Dinner in the restaurant was OK, but a little expensive - may work out cheaper if you have a dinner-included deal though. Bar staff were courteous and helpful.

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing a review about Hilton Puckrup Hall following your recent stay.

We were pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the facilities and breakfast. We will monitor the situation regarding the buffet area during breakfast. We have just introduced a new menu which will enable guests have a choice of whether they want one, two or three courses which we have found to be proving very successful rather than an inclusive menu.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Puckrup Hall in the near future.

Kind regards.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Having just returned from a corporate event of 200 people, I was displeased with the lunch that was served, which consisted of sandwiches and crisps only. There was no room designated for people to eat and therefore people had to sit on the floor, stairs or perch on window ledges to eat, staff walked by and could plainly see the situation but did not offer to get extra chairs out or open other rooms up. If I were to have come to this hotel as a short break I may have had an entirely different experience but as a corporate event for this many people it certainly was not adequate and I wont be returning as a paying guest.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

We do sincerely appreciate your feedback at this corporate event. However I can advise you that we worked within the constraints of the Clients budget on this occasion. We have 15 flexible meeting and function rooms here at the Hotel.

I do sincerely hope you will return to Puckrup Hall at some time to enjoy the facilities, friendliness of staff and ambience.

With kind regards.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I used the hotel twice. Traveling between Sheffield and Glasonbury first and returning some days latter. It was easy to find, ( just ofthe motorway). The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I liked both rooms. I didn't use the restaurant. Had a cooked breakfast in my room both trips. they were both fine and served at the time requested.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Southampton
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed only for one night but the room bookding for two rooms adjoining with interconnecting doors was just right. Hotel facilities were fine (little dated) but staff on the whoel helpful. Food in the restaurant and for the kids were fine.

I found it somewhat frustrating that as a Diamond Member I had to ask for the internet voucher and they did not offer breakfast FOC as a matter of course. Rather more irritating was that they offered the "i" which is awful. I had voucher for The Times and they would not accept that - lesson to be learnt here as I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Norwich and they accepted it fine - come on Hilton offering papers like the "i" is not no especially for regular guests - its not as though it would have cost you to meet my request with the voucher I offered hence I marked down service to poor. Otherwise you would have scored much higher. Breakfast was to the usual very high standard and went down well with the kids who eat for free the evening of our stay

Room Tip: Dont ask for 201/202 and leave the window open that faces the gold course the a/c or a chiller ran m...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review of our Hotel on this website.

I apologise to you that you had to ask for an internet voucher being a valued Hilton Hhonors Diamond Member, this is a question which our staff should ask upon arrival. With regards your complimentary breakfast your details should have been cascaded to the restaurant automatically so that they were aware and I will be making investigations as to the reasons why there were not. Unfortunately Hilton are not participating in the complimentary Times newspaper offer, but we would have happily ordered you one upon request.

I do hope that these niggles will not deter you from returning to Puckrup Hall and if I can be of any further assistance with any furtherquestions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With kind regard.s

Hampshire
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Efficient check-in and a pleasant room, but the thermostat on the radiator did not work and so the radiator was on full all the time - it was also rather dusty. I managed to wedge a bag against the valve and the radiator cooled down a little, but even with the windows open (in November!) the room was still too hot. The hotel has a nice pool and good changing rooms. We had a Dinner inclusive rate and this was good value. The food was fine and the service was efficient. Disappointingly the earliest available sitting was 8:45pm. Breakfast the next morning was fine apart from the quite large staple that found its way into the Rice Crispies. Thankfully, I felt it in my mouth before swallowing and so it was able to remove it before it did any serious internal damage. I left it on the side of the bowl but the member of staff who cleared the bowl didn't say anything. On check-out I was not asked whether the stay had been OK. Don't think I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewkesbury
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
Stonehouse Court
Stonehouse Court
#1 of 2 in Stonehouse

Been to Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury? Share your experiences!