“Spectacular !!”
Review of Silver Rill House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tewkesbury
Silver Rill House
Ranked #9 of 12 Tewkesbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Having just returned from a fabulous mini break in the Cotswolds I felt compelled to write my first ever review on Trip Advisor just to let everyone know what a gem of a B&B Silver Rill House is.
From the moment we arrived everything was perfect. Lisa had laid on welcome drinks and nibbles, before we were shown to our beautiful bedroom which, along with rest of the house, was exquisitely furnished. The bathroom was across the corridor but it really didn't matter as this is a Five Star B&B and not a hotel.
The location, views and surrounding countryside are absolutely stunning and it was so quiet.
Lisa couldn't do enough for us and even recommended a wonderful restaurant just a 5 minute drive away where we enjoyed steaks on stones, fish and lamb to die for.
I have to say this is one of the best B&B's I have ever stayed in and would recommend it to everyone.
We will certainly be back !!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank icklebird
There are newer reviews for Silver Rill House

Reviewed June 3, 2011

We had the most wonderful stay on our maiden voyage as a family and couldn't have asked for more. My partner, 10 week old daughter and I felt like we were at home the minute Lisa opened the door to us. Tea and cake, along with play mat and bouncy chair were waiting for us in the stunning lounge and Lisa quickly showed us to our room across the corridor. Along with the travel cot, Lisa also provided a changing mat, wipes and other useful items that made life so much easier for us with such a young baby.
Lisa and John's girls played with the baby while we chatted about the house. We spent the evening watching TV safe in the knowledge that our little girl was sleeping safe and sound within ear shot.
The bed was the most comfy I have slept in and our room was beautifully furnished and decorated and was plenty large enough to accomodate the travel cot provided. The views were of lovely open countryside and I felt like I was in a Jane Austin novel!
After a refreshing shower, breakfast was delicious - plenty of coffee, cereals, fruit... plus a fabulous full cooked English - it was just what the doctor ordered.
John kindly showed us around the huge garden, with stunning pond and told of their future ambitions for the house and grounds, and returning to the house, Lisa gave me a bag full of unwanted clothes that she had slimmed out of having lost lots of weight since having her little boy. Such wonderful, unexpected generosity.
We felt so relaxed and at home at Silver Rill House and didn't want to leave; I would gladly go back tomorrow given the chance.
The most wonderful experience from start to finish and we wish Lisa, John and their family all the luck in the world growing what I am sure is going to be a very successful business. You really deserve it. Thanks for everything! We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Silverrill, Owner at Silver Rill House, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2011

Dear Mr and Mrs Tona,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We know that in a world where everyone wants reviews on everything, it can be very tiresome to be asked and so very lovely of you to take the time to write one for us. Infact as a direct result of your review another family with a young baby booked with us; after reading your review they felt reassured in the knowledge that we truely welcome children here at Silver Rill House.
Tripadvisor has been a fantastic site for us and therefore reviews are important to us on so many levels not least to have genuine feedback from our guests.
We strive to pitch everything at the right level and pride ourselves on the personal touch; although of course I do not generally give away my wardrobe but after three children and no intention of having anymore! I was grateful to find a home for some of my post maternity clothes.
Also may I take this opportunity to say that 99% of our guests have been a pleasure to have stay, yourselves of course included and far from being work running our bed and breakfast, living and working here is a pleasure and priviledge.
So our thanks goes to you for choosing to stay with us, for taking the time to write your review and we sincerely hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

Our stay at Silver Rill House was amazing and would love to go back when we have a full weekend (this trip was for a wedding and so only for one night).
From the moment we arrived we were treated as if friends in Lisa and John's home and offered coffee and cake whilst we booked in. The house is beautiful as was the room we stayed in - I just wish there was longer to explore the grounds. The extra effort that John and Lisa went to for us was amazing such as taking us to pick up our car from the wedding reception the morning after. Oh and the breakfast was yummy. All in all one of the best B&Bs that I have been to & thanks again for all your hospitality!

Dear Russ and Rach,

Thank you for your wonderful review and you are more than welcome.
Many people dismiss bed and breakfasts as not being as good as hotels but in truth what we offer here at Silver Rill has many of the luxurys you would find in fine hotel and those personal touches that give you the home from home stay. Of course what makes the difference with our B&B is that your accommodation is separate to ours as a family, which means you can still have quiet privacy.
We do hope you get a chance to come again especially since we are about to launch our new website which incorporates stays with activities such as classic car hire and romantic or adventurous days out. It is always nice when guests visit again because there is a certain something that familiarity brings, making for an even more relaxed feel right from the outset which is lovely for us and yourselves. You are such a smashing couple and we sincerely wish you all the very best.

Reviewed May 25, 2011

We have just returned home from a 3 day short break in the cotswolds, we stayed in the pretty village of Overbury at the Silver Rill House B&B.
This was a lovely place to stay, very clean & comfy and in a lovely setting with nice walks nearby, also central for touring around.
The owners Lisa and John were very welcoming and nothing was to much trouble for them, we would definitly stay there again if visiting the Cotswolds.

Room Tip: book the en-suite room
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I stayed at Silver Rill with a group of girls as part of a hen weekend, a very relaxed weekend. The house is beautifully decorated with fantastic views around Overbury and the surrounding hills. A great location to chill out but accessible for walking, visiting Cotswold villages with bistro pubs only a few miles away.
Lisa and John are great hosts, very welcoming into their home. The guest lounge has coffee, tea and cakes and magazines to enjoy in front of a fire, but if you prefer there is a television to watch from the very comfortable sofas. Breakfast was a feast in itself with plenty of hot coffee, toast and full English breakfast.

Lisa has decorated and furnished the rooms just perfectly with lovely detail, and soft furnishings.

I highly recommend a visit to this lovely B&B.

Room Tip: Overbury Suite, just lovely
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We spent the Royal Wedding weekend at the Silver Rill House B&B and were treated like royalty.
We were greeted with tea and cake on arrival and shown to our rooms by which point we realised that we had found somewhere really special. Having three children can make it very difficult to find suitable accommodation but the set-up at Silver Rill was ideal with a room for my wife and I and a separate room with three beds for the children. The room facilities were more than we were expecting; the bed in our room, so wide it could have slept all five of us, the china tea service, extensive wardrobe space (which proved a great hiding place as my and Lisa and John's kids played hide-and-seek!) and the views of newborn lambs on the rolling countryside through the window. And the shared living room where we spent our evenings and an afternoon reading the papers and watching the large TV completed the facilities perfectly.

The location was idyllic, from rolling hills, and fields of rape, to the beautiful village buildings and local church - it really was an escape from our usual hustle and bustle of London.

I cannot speak too highly of Lisa and John's hospitality. Their children were so entertaining, particularly while we were being treated to an afternoon lounging in the garden with the family, being fed from their barbecue and drinking their wine and beer. This was even more touching as this feast was shared with my cousin and my aunt who had popped by for a brief visit that lasted much longer than expected.

Overall a thoroughly enjoyable place to stay and one to which we are already planning our return visit.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RFlach
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Silver Rill House is in an idyllic quiet village near Tewksbury.
We were welcomed by Lisa who immediately took us to the lovely guest lounge for coffee and cake, before telling us about the house and village . Our room was beautifully decorated ,with a
superb king-sized bed,which was very comfortable .The view from the room looked out onto the garden with Bredon Hill adjoining the property. Breakfast was cooked by John and the choice was yours. !
The village does not have an pub/restaurant, but there are 3 within 2/3 miles.
We just wish we could have stayed longer.
C&B.