“Smooth as silk”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This residential pub was discovered on our way to the M5 on the main road at the village of Beckford. As well as having this good English inn, it is also the home of Beckford Silk which is open to the public for guided tours and for purchasing silk items in their shop.
However, the first thing was to have a meal and this was certainly achieved at the Beckford Inn. They have a fine restaurant as well as very good bar meals. On this occasion we had the latter and it was all freshly cooked and very tasty. A smoothly run place with pleasant staff. Afterwards a visit the mill shop - got some early Christmas gifts!

1  Thank Lilian C

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Beside the road with big car park and presentable exterior. Inside a bit bland with a basic lunch menu alongside full menus. We had a simple lunch for about £7 each in modest quantity but quick and well presented. Served its purpose.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stopped here for lunch before heading to Dumbleton Hall Hotel about a mile up the road. It had a very friendly cosy atmosphere. The food all looked delicious, we jsut had a roll and which came with chips, which were wedges and the bread were fresh and had lots of filing. Good value for money too.

2  Thank EmmaB067
Reviewed August 7, 2012

A warm welcome, friendly and helpful staff, a great menu and a sunny garden.............a perfect start to our weekend in Stratford on Avon.

2  Thank Elaine G
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Having just returned from my surprise 60th birthday present from my daughter and son who paid for an over night stay for myself my wife and also for them and their spouses I would like to share our experience. On being shown to our room we were horrified to find the room full of mosquitos and numerous spiders and cobwebs. We asked for fly spray and the acting manager had to get her car and purcase some. The corridors and windows were also very dusty with cobwebs everywhere. The downstairs toilets were dirty also. The fire door between the old part and new part of the building was propped open with a fire extinguisher.
The evening meal was a disaster for most of our group. For those who had starters were okay. The mains however I had fillets of seabass when it arrived there was only one small fillet cut in two barely a forkfull. My wife and daughter had lamb rump on horseradish mash nestling on a bed of spinach firstly there wasn't any spinach no horseradish in the mash and daughters lamb was grisly. My son ordered sirloin rare it came well done and very dry.
On to breakfast. Those who ordered full english the bacon was raw and the eggs either over cooked or under cooked. The cereal bowls were not removed until the main breakfast had been served. After breakfast the chef came out of the kitchen and the normal chef was on holiday his apron was the dirtiest I have ever seen it could not have been washed for at least a week.
We complained to the acting manager after the evening meal and after breakfast who was very apologetic informing us that the normal chef was on holiday but no refund was offered.
I cannot recomend this hotel at the moment but given a new cleaner chef and waiting staff could be brilliant.
KKeith Arnold