“Lovely country pub”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stopped here for lunch before heading to Dumbleton Hall Hotel about a mile up the road. It had a very friendly cosy atmosphere. The food all looked delicious, we jsut had a roll and which came with chips, which were wedges and the bread were fresh and had lots of filing. Good value for money too.

2  Thank EmmaB067

Reviewed August 7, 2012

A warm welcome, friendly and helpful staff, a great menu and a sunny garden.............a perfect start to our weekend in Stratford on Avon.

2  Thank Elaine G
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Having just returned from my surprise 60th birthday present from my daughter and son who paid for an over night stay for myself my wife and also for them and their spouses I would like to share our experience. On being shown to our room we were horrified to find the room full of mosquitos and numerous spiders and cobwebs. We asked for fly spray and the acting manager had to get her car and purcase some. The corridors and windows were also very dusty with cobwebs everywhere. The downstairs toilets were dirty also. The fire door between the old part and new part of the building was propped open with a fire extinguisher.
The evening meal was a disaster for most of our group. For those who had starters were okay. The mains however I had fillets of seabass when it arrived there was only one small fillet cut in two barely a forkfull. My wife and daughter had lamb rump on horseradish mash nestling on a bed of spinach firstly there wasn't any spinach no horseradish in the mash and daughters lamb was grisly. My son ordered sirloin rare it came well done and very dry.
On to breakfast. Those who ordered full english the bacon was raw and the eggs either over cooked or under cooked. The cereal bowls were not removed until the main breakfast had been served. After breakfast the chef came out of the kitchen and the normal chef was on holiday his apron was the dirtiest I have ever seen it could not have been washed for at least a week.
We complained to the acting manager after the evening meal and after breakfast who was very apologetic informing us that the normal chef was on holiday but no refund was offered.
I cannot recomend this hotel at the moment but given a new cleaner chef and waiting staff could be brilliant.
KKeith Arnold

2  Thank Keith A
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I decided to have a weekend away in the Cotswolds to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We looked about and came across the Beckford Inn on-line. Having done the usual research on this site we took the plunge and booked it. One of the best decisions we ever made.
The hotel, though small, was perfect for a weekend getaway. The room we were allocated wasn't massive but it had a huge bed, lovely bathroom and all the usual amenities.

We didn't eat at the restaurant in the evening as we decided to drive into the heart of the Cotswolds and eat there but the Breakfast the next morning was excellent and there was plenty of choice.

The staff were all very attentive and friendly. We had drinks and cream tea's in the beautiful garden and all in all we felt extremely happy with our choice of place to stay.

The only slight niggle was the lack of pressure in the shower. Water was nice and hot but didn't really come out with and power.

Other than that we would thoroughly recommend the Beckford to anyone and we will definitely will be back again.

1  Thank Sagthrew
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Decided to stay at this hotel/restaurant because of good food reviews, sadly the accommodation lets the cooking down. Most of the building was dirty (thick dust on window sills, cobwebs everywhere, red stains on bed cover and dirty glass on pictures) A trickle of hot water in bedroom. Premier bedroom nothing special about it (room 1) Staff obviously waiting for us to finish our meal so they could leave (8-30 Sunday evening) Will not go again.

1  Thank Stephen H