“Good find”
Review of The Gardeners Arms

The Gardeners Arms
Ranked #8 of 78 Restaurants in Tewkesbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A 16th century thatched building nestled in the heart of the Cotswold village of Alderton. Just a 10 minute drive from Cheltenham and off junction 9 of the M5 we are ideally situated for any dining occasion. Open from 9.30 am serving fresh coffee with a smile, our award winning Freehouse epitomises everything that is good about homecooking, hospitality and value for money.
Bath
“Good find”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at the local campsite so this pub was in walking distance. Service was very good. Good choice of real ales and food with a large specials board. Food was very enjoyable and our dog was even given a chew. Recommended.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank BathGarry

Central Scotland
“A nice pub!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We visited for dinner as we were staying nearby for the Cheltenham festival. We ordered burgers and were not dissapointed, they were huge and very tasty. The house wine was also very nice, and there were a number of guest beers on tap. The staff were very accomodating and helpful. This is a nice local pub, and well worth visiting to eat or drink.

• Visited April 2012
south wales
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I went to the Garneners Arms for dinner 2 weeks ago. It was Sunday night and quieter. Food was lovely and staff was friendly.
I had a pint of bitter (Track Record by Prescott).
I think they take good care of beer because it was really nice!
If we go to Cotswolds again, we will definitely go back to the pub again!

Visited March 2013
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Alright, but could have been better”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Although this is an old traditional country pub, it was far from cosy - I was frozen ! The poem on the wall, written in 1921 by a long gone villager, made pleasant reading whilst I waited for my food. When it arrived, I thought the goat's cheese starter was small in size and big on cost -rather disappointing. The main course was satisfactory, but when I paid the bill, I was stunned to find it came to nearly £18, with one modest drink, even with a discount as I was sent by a nearby B&B. Will go elsewhere next time in Alderton.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank mariecorina
cheltenham uk
“Excellent value”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The all day breakfast, (lage version) was superb value, the best ever my husband had encountered. My fish pie was creamy and delicious. Staff welcoming and friendly, they made sure we were very well looked after. Would certainly recommend it.

• Visited March 2013