“Warm welcome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Moments

Golden Moments
Ranked #13 of 291 Restaurants in Walsall
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We hope you will give us the opportunity to offer hospitality,that we will offer memorable service, that you will really enjoy your visit and that you will make Golden Moments your first choice for many years to come. We are sure you will experience an extensive range of wonderfully crafted dishes. We have of course many of your firm favourites alongside a careful selection of Chef's specialities, all beautifully prepared and remaining true to the regional cuisine of India.
“Warm welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Love it here. Food is great. Staff make just the right amount of conversation. We have had buffet & a la carte and both have the same quality & flavour. Top notch ingredients cooked perfectly. Can't wait for our next visit.

Golden913, Manager at Golden Moments, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others.we are very happy to know you enjoyed your evening with us.we try to look after our customers as friends and that's why we have people like your self going home with a smile.We will continue to do our best and we hope to see you very soon. Shuel

“Brilliant New Year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on New Year's eve to enjoy a special menu. Service was superb and efficient.
At midnight, each guest was treated to free champagne, large party poppers and party hooters. A fantastic family night out at a family friendly restaurant.

1 Thank LClark267
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others.We are very happy to know you enjoyed your evening with us.We try to look after our customers as friends and that's why we have people like your self going home with a smile.We are really pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our restaurant. Thank you for choosing us and for your very kind remarks.We will continue to do our best and we hope to see you very soon.
Shuel.
“Still fantastic after all these years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I hadn't been to Golden Moments for years, it used to be a regular haunt and was where I experienced my first curry 15 years ago.

I was having a craving for a starter I used to have here and was gutted to find they no longer did the starter on my arrival, but as soon as I told the waiter he told me it would be no problem for chef to cook it for me. Also served alcohol free beer...BONUS!!

Service was great, waiter even recommended my husbands meal and got it spot on. Food still beautiful, and surroundings lovely.

Looking forward to going back soon!

• Visited January 2014
Golden913, Manager at Golden Moments, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
WOW- This is really lovely feedback and the team join me in thanking you for sharing your positive experience with others.
The fact that so many people continue to choose us is an enormous compliment and we aim to keep it that way by never forgetting that.
It was lovely to read your review and the team will be really pleased that they identified your requirements and looked after you so well.
we hope to have the privilege of continuing to serve you for many years to come.
Shuel
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Several Months later follow up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Since my previous review we have visited Golden Moments about 4 more times and have ordered take away from them at least twice.

The food quality and standard is brilliant every time.

In November I tried their Naga chicken dish, this one is as the menu says very hot. It is also delicious and has a wonderful flavour behind the heat.We have also had theur 'different' White Chicken Jalfrezi, it really is something you should try. It looks like no jalfrezi you've seen before and tastes different too, but vive la difference as it is also glorious. The yoghurt based jalfrezi actually gives your palate time to calm back down after the jalfrezi heat warms it up, it's quite an odd feeling at first, a self cooling dish!

For New Years Eve my partner and I visited and I went back to my usual of the Shada Gosht Masala, which just gets better every single time. Seriously if you like flavour in your food you will struggle to find anything that can compete with this. My partner had the chicken Lazeez dish, which is saffron based. It initially tastes a little cheesey, but then the flavour pulls you in and again it is delightful.

The quality of meat that Golden Moments use is top notch too, I've never had to leave a piece of chicken or lamb for being tough or fatty, and there's usually quite a lot of meat in the dishes too.

The staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming, it really does feel like they are happy to see you and really welcome your custom. This is rare these days as many places seem to have staff that can't wait for you to go.

If you're in Walsall and you like food that is maybe a little different, packed with flavour then you have to try this place.

My advice is go with an open mind, this isn't your usual greasy balti or overly chilli hot (to hide the poor ingredients) type of Indian food this is proper restaurant quality food made by people who obviously care about what they do.

• Visited December 2013
Golden913, Manager at Golden Moments, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Your review makes our teams effort all worthwhile. We are so grateful when customers that are satisfied / pleased with us. Thank you for you wonderful review to let others know of our welcome to everybody, old & young alike.
You were a delight to serve so cheerful with great attitude to our staff. Thank you very very much, please call again soon so I can thank you personally. Shuel.
“Very nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Very nice food, nice seating area, would visit again, visited over Christmas with friends, all enjoyed our meals , 2 meals chips poppadoms, 2 or 3 drinks each came to about £40 so average really

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Golden913, Manager at Golden Moments, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. We are always endeavoring to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. It pleases me very much that you enjoy our food and look forward to your continued custom. As long as we have loyal customer like yourself who appreciate a good curry - we will continue to serve it. Shuel.