“Nice hotel that needs improving”

Premier Inn Walsall (M6, J10) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Walsall
England
“Nice hotel that needs improving”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Ok, so this is my 3rd review of a Premier Inn in the past month or so, therefore I'm able to compare apples with apples.
Staff amazing as usual, from the receptionist to all the staff in the restaurant/bar.
Slight gripe with the room - the shower head doesn't move. This is frustrating for a guy is 6ft 4" as I have to bend down to wash the shampoo off my hair. This needs addressing.
Bed was firmer than previously experienced but to be fair I slept like a baby.
Asked for scrambled egg on toast for breakfast & the toast arrived on the side unbuttered. Surely I should have been asked if u wanted it buttered or not? Still, scrambled eggs were spot on.
First time I've not given 5 stars and it takes a lot for me not to give 5 stars.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Marlborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Friendly, clean, good size rooms and good value for money restaurant. Only aspect that was annoying was kids running along the corridor after 10pm, which is into the "quiet zone" and I had a dance assessment the next morning. They didn't know that I know, but respect for everybody should prevail.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We needed to be near Wolverhampton but close to the M6 ready for an early start. Easy to find, quiet, comfortable. Only one night but it couldn't be better. Convenient for both Walsall and Wolverhampton.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stay here at least 4 times a year. This site continues to maintain a good standard. I must admit to leaning toward IHG, that said, this brand is my next choice when looking for something familiar. My office is based near Wednesbury and for all sales meetings etc I always book my team into this place. I never get any grumbles. As with this brand, it is clean and smart with quality staff, nice rooms, comfortable beds, parking and a reasonable pub next door. All in all, value (As per the Prem inn product proposition and adverts.............Love you Lenny btw). One little thing and not a deal breaker, but they charge for broadband

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Visiting due to work commitments , the hotel is dated and in need of refurbishment, the heater doesn't work in room 104 and in the cold weather we are having it's freezing , not upto the usual premier inn standard

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gav J
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Walsall (M6, J10) Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed at this premier two years running in order for my husband and son to take part in the Tough Guy. Hotel very good although I could have done with someway to cool the room quicker in order to have got a better night's sleep (probably should have adjusted the thermostat sooner). Overall though very good stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We are always on our way somewhere so all we need is a good bed and a clean room the cost is good when you book in advance so we are always on the look out to coordinate the venue and the hotel at the right price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christine C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walsall
Premier Inn Walsall Town Centre Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Walsall
Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall
Novotel Wolverhampton
Novotel Wolverhampton
#5 of 20 in Wolverhampton

Been to Premier Inn Walsall (M6, J10) Hotel? Share your experiences!