“Improved new extension - still needs improving”

Premier Inn Walsall (M6, J10) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Walsall
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I checked into the hotel with my friend for 5 nights and once again was greeted with a wonderful smile as returning guests. We was lucky enough to be given the key to one of the new rooms in the extension. You can most certainly tell the different compared to the older rooms. rooms bigger and new set up with better tv and more plug space for both of us and any typical business man who may stay here. I cant really complain about the room apart from 2 things which kind of stopped me giving the full 5 star. first of all no telephone in the room. so if you want to speak to reception you have to walk along the corridor. the second reason is the issue with council style toilet paper..for such a great hotel it lets it self down on these two issues in my eyes.

Room Tip: if you get an even number room you will be facing the car park if you get an odd number room you wil...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My daughter and I have recently spent a night here to break up our long journey. It is ideally situated close to the motorway but not too close. Although it is a few years old the room was clean and tidy - tv was old style but did the job and furniture was a bit dated but this wasn't a problem.

I booked a twin room and we got a normal room with a temporary bed put in - not comfortable really but didn't bother complaining as we were out till late.

Bathroom was clean. Breakfast was usual for Premier Inn - good selection and croissants topped up straight away (very important). Staff in hotel and restaurant friendly and helpful. As I said ideal for overnight but nothing special.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Everything that you can expect for a premier inn..
The room's are of a good size and the bed's are fairly comfortable. Not being used to a double bed I found it fairly small for my husband and me but that's my fault not the hotel's.
The staff are all very pleasant and helpful. The reception area of the hotel has lots of seating area's with TV's and 2 computers. So there is no need for standing around when booking in when other's are booking in at the same time.
There are plenty of places to eat in and around the hotel. It is the ideal place to stay if you are travelling on business and is just far enough away from the motor way to be quiet enough.
Friday and Saturday nights are pretty noisy due to party goers usually from weddings at the hotel across the road where guest stay here for the cheaper option.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at this hotel 26th-28th August and was mainly impressed. Room was smart and spotlessly clean- included the travel cot as requested- which looked like it had never been used before along with freshly laundered sparkling white cellular blankets. Room temperature was a little warm- even with windows open- and air con would def. have earned this hotel a gold medal as opposed to a silver. Also maybe a larger flat screen tv would have added a little more class.
Staff in pub next door friendly and willing to help in any way they could. Only downside food service could be a little slow during evening when busy.
Overall still provides excellent value for money- £91 for two nights bed and all you can breakfast for 2 adults and a child. You can't go wrong! Would def stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel on the ground floor- heard no noise.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Having stayed in Premier Inns before I had a fairly good idea what to expect. The room was a good size and the largeish window meant the room was nice and light. I'd booked a few weeks in advance and the cost of the room was £29. Reception was efficient and friendly. On my return to my room post midnight, there was some noisy laughter coming from a room a couple of doors down; but once inside the room you couldn't hear anything. Very close to the M6, J10, so if you have the window open there is some road noise.

I didn't eat in the restaurant but have eaten here quite often as it's close to where family live. I've not always been that impressed with the food, but on my last visit it was fine.

All in all a good value trip and a nice room.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My main complaint is that someone broke into my room due to a faulty lock on the door and tried to break into my aluminium briefcase. They pounded the side open and trie to force the locks, completely breaking my case. I reported this incident to the front desk. My case is ruined. The doors clearly do not shut properly and lock unless you slam them repeatedly. I have lost a £100. briefcase due to the faulty locks on the doors in this place. Bad, bad experience..... I reported to the front desk and they DID NOTHING but make excuses, but they did enter this in their incident log.

Room Tip: I would just avoid this place as the rooms do not lock properly and they have a serious security iss...
1  Thank Toby T
Whitbread-77, Laura Gibbins-Social Media at Premier Inn Walsall (M6, J10) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for your review.

I was most concerned to learn of your recent experience with Premier Inn. Please be assured we take the security of our guests very seriously.The issue's raised will be investigated and followed up with the hotel directly.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Geraldine has to be the most helpful and friendly receptionist we have ever
Had the privilege to meet she was excellent with our every need, nothing
Was a problem to her she even gave us her electric fan off her desk so we were
Kept nice and cool during the night as ours was broken.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walsall
Holiday Inn Express Walsall
Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10
Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall
Novotel Wolverhampton
Novotel Wolverhampton
#7 of 21 in Wolverhampton
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa

Been to Premier Inn Walsall (M6, J10) Hotel? Share your experiences!