Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Metro Inns Walsall(Birmingham)
1,819 results
All reviewsthe upper deckvictory pubclub roomthe verveleisure facilitiessky moviescoffee machinesteam roomgreat facilitieslovely hotelwould stay againcomfy bedexcellent stayself servicesaturday nightgood nights sleepfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Paid £129 for 2 nights B&B with dinner on the first night, so a great deal. Booked with central reservation who were very helpful, and emailed my confirmation. On arrival the reception girl was pleasant, informed me of all the details.

Room was clean, bathroom could have been slightly more sparkling and perfectly adequate for the rate I was paying. One thing that was missing was any guest/room information.

Had room service on the first night, was dealt with quickly, and was delivered on time and was hot.

Yes its next to the M6 but noise was not really an issue and would certainly use it again. Did not try the leisure club out on this occasion

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Booked a room and confirmed reservation with credit card. Arrived at 9pm to find that the hotel was full and the clowns had given my room away despite the fact that they had my details and were expecting me.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Having read a number of reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor I was expecting surly service and at best a very average stop-over. In fact I was greeted at the desk by a very efficient and cheerful receptionist, and throughout my stay all staff were consistently pleasant and helpful, The gym and pool area are outstandingly good for what is a near-budget priced hotel, while the breakfast was also good offering a wide choice of cooked food and so on in a buffet style. My view - excellent value, great facilities and conveniently located.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2009

I stayed here for a conference with work. The hotel is well located and easy to find.

The room I had was of a decent standard, clean although unremarkable.

Like other reports here, I found the staff to be useless - they barely understood any request I made of them. The food that was provided for our meals was a buffet style thing and I have to say that it was absolutely terrible. I found nothing edible amongst it. This ruined my stay entirely. In the evenings and lunch on the second day I drove to a nearby place to eat and paid out of my own pocket.

I went to the bar in the evening and found it comfortable if a little expensive.

I will not be going here ever again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Terry_Onads
Reviewed September 30, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for one night as guests at a wedding that was being held at the hotel. I have to say it was OK for that purpose but it is not a place I would stay for a leisure trip or for someone staying in the area sightseeing. Handy location right by the M6 at Junction 10 which would be great if you were stopping off on business. The rooms were quite small however clean, comfortable and basic. The bathroom was clean and quite adequate for our stay. Breakfast the next morning was buffet style and OK however we were lucky to have got there just as all the hot cooked items were being replenished. Very average hotel with the attraction of having a Starbucks on site ! We did not get time to use the leisure facilities, which was just as well as we weren't told where they were or that they even existed by the receptionist when checking in. We didnt see any signs showing directions for them either. The drinks were very expensive even for a hotel and on checking the bar food menu, we saw the food was quite pricy too. I would recommend this hotel if you are a business man/woman in need of a stopping off point in the area but I wouldn't think anyone would want to spend any more than one night here. I also recommend you shop around for the best rate for this hotel, as several of the guests we were with had all paid differing amounts for the same bed and breakfast deal !

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple