“Comfortable recommended hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Walsall
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Comfortable recommended hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I attended a training course over two weeks in October in Walsall. As I was travelling by train I looked at Trip Advisor for the best hotel that was convenient for the course (about 15 mins walk) and near the station. The Premier Inn City was nearest and got the better comments as compared to other hotels.
I was a bit dubious about staying in the Premier Inn for longer than a night or two (was 5 each week) but the room was fine, clean and roomy with all the usual facilities. I had an allowance for breakfast and dinner so used the Brewers Fayre on the ground floor in the evenings. Whilst the menu was the usual Brewers Fayre type menu generally the food was fine, except a couple of exceptions. The staff were always friendly, helpful and welcoming. Food was a bit late coming when the restaurant got a bit busier so I am unsure of the delay to getting food when it would be busy. Breakfast is freshly cooked to order and there was normally no delay in getting the food.
Couple of minor points; the drinks machine was out of order nearly all the second week although of course the bar was open most of the time and the room towel rail as not heated.
As I do not use other hotel facilities (e.g. gym and pool) the Premier was fine for my needs and I would recommend it.
The hotel is about 3 mins walk from the station, 2 mins to the shops, 6-7 mins to the main bars area and opposite a retail park.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the west / canal side
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Ok so this hotel would have received 5 stars if it wasn't for the lack off it's own car park. If you arrive after 6pm then press the yellow button on the machine and you pay £3:50 till 9am. If you stay after this then you have to go back out to the car to pay again. How much depends on how much longer you wish to stay. The hotel it's self was as always fantastic but with it being a new hotel then you would have expected them to have there own!! We always stay in a Premier Inn as you know what your getting. I would recommend you book a table for an evening meal as it gets busy with others that are not staying at the hotel ,and we didn't feel it was suitable for children on a Saturday evening either. We ate else were after entering the restaurant. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic as you would expect. So nothing wrong with the hotel or location just the car park which as I'm writing this is not yet mentioned on the website.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cheryl B
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Can't fault this hotel. Clean, large, modern room, spotless bathroom and a comfortable bed. Friendly and polite staff and a decent breakfast in the adjoining Brewer's Fayre. £35 quid for the room on a Saturday night - very good.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Ryde Isle of Wight
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were going to the Birmingham NEC for a show, all the hotels in the area were either full up or well over £100 for the night. So we decided to stay here as it was just £34. The hotel is well loacted being within a minutes walk of the town centre for its shops and eaterys. The hotel is just a one minute walk from Walsal Railway Station which has a very regular train service into Birmingham. We arrived by train so this was perfect.

I think the hotel may be new as it was all very smart and fresh. We had a wonderful large room with a very comfy bed, flat screen tv, tea/coffee making facilities, extra pillows and you also get 30 mins free wi fi during your stay. The room was spotlessly clean with a nice bathroom and a good sized bath/shower.

The room was very quiet, we had no noice from outside the hotel at all, we both slept really well.

Below the hotel is a Brewers Fayre. We ate here and had a good priced meal with also reasonable prices on the drinks too.

If I were in the area I would definately stay here again as it is a lovely Premier Inn and great value for money and in such a good location too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caulkheadmatt
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed here for work and it was great value for work but it was also a first class nights stay. The room was large bright clean and the bed and pillow were perfect. The staff were genuinely frirndly and helpful. And the rooms are triple glazed so very quiet. Opposite is a shopping mall with a choice of restaurants. We'll done to the Premier Inn.

1 Thank Ally F
Sleaford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed here on the 29th October. The hotel is new and of a good standard for the money. The staff were very friendly and the location of the hotel was great. Easy access from the M6.

Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Now for the restaurant which is a brewers fare. I booked the £22.99 meal deal that was offered on the premier inn website and booked my table for 6:30. What I will say before I go on is that breakfast was fine. Service was excellent and choice was good.

My complaint is about the dinner. I do not expect much for what I paid but the quality was very poor and the dinner extremely bland.

The service was also not much of a standard either. If you dine here then do not wait by the bar as you walk in from the hotel. There is a waiting point by the main door which a group of guests including myself found after 5 mins waiting round like a lemon.

We then had wait longer with no service from staff. The restaurant was not even half full at this point. After a while I went to the bar and asked what I ned to do to be seated at my table and I was told to wait as staff were busy but given a menu to choose from.

Eventually a waiter came and told me they did not have a reservation and I would have to eat in the bar, despite there still be empty tables. I guess the were reserved.

Where I sat, the table was dirty and under it was rubbish including wrapping paper from a child's present. Starter of mushrooms came quick, boring followed by fish and chips which I left half due it's poor mas-produced bland quality.

I then waited 15 mins for desert and the waiter came to apologise about the delay but they were busy with other desert orders. I could see where the waiters and waitresses were coming from in the kitchen and there no deserts being served to other diners. Another 10 minutes and it finally came. A Betty crumble and guess what? A waste of calories and tasted of nothing but sicklyness.

I went to eat with an open mind, after all u don't expect the ritz for the price but I would still expect food of a better standard that tasted.

It is odd as breakfast as I said was much better and no complaints here.

I would stay at the premier inn again but eat at either nandos or Frankie and bennies across the road.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stev35555
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

A superb client centred approach from the staff - this is an excellent example of a hotel that truly values its customers and as a result it 'adds value' to the Premier Inn brand.The breakfast and service was excellent.The bar staff exude warmth and the carvery was of a high standard.The rooms are clean. The 'pay and display' car park cost eight pounds for the day but it is not secure however,I paid a competitive a price for my room.On balance a very good compromise.This was a business trip but I would return to this Hotel if I visited Walsall again and I recommend it with utmost confidence.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the waterfront
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HBrookes, Manager at Premier Inn Walsall Town Centre Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and found the team 'An excellent example of a hotel' this is what we strive for at Premier Inn. I have passed your comments on to the team, which they are over joyed with your lovely comments. Thank you and we hope to see you again very soon.