“Uninspiring building but great comfort and A1 breakfast!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Walsall
Southport, United Kingdom
“Uninspiring building but great comfort and A1 breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The long corridors and uninspired design doesn't auger well for a stay here. However, reception is welcoming, the rooms are comfortable and breakfast provides a great start to the day. A good leisure centre and pool and decent food and drink from the bar though a tad pricey and don't be in a hurry as service can be slow. Overall a decent place to stay for business or pleasure - easy access from the M6 (recent road changes are there to confuse!). Handy for the city centre or Villa Park.

Room Tip: Use the rear car park if in rooms around 230, 130 or less
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear daffin,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and found the room comfortable. On the other hand, I am sorry you did not find our building to your liking. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

stayed here on saturday the 19th jan.
we had booked 2 rooms as family were coming to stay(birthday surprise)
got up graded to exec/suites for free.
The staff at this hotel are brillant well dressed eTC
The couldnt do enough for us and even supplied a free birthday cake.
we really enjoyed our 3 course meal it was lovely.
This hotel has been totally transformed from the last owners
And the hotel pictures are what you get.
A special mention to the manager that night thank you for making our stay so good
we will be coming back to stay again on the dinner/bed and breakfast deal

Room Tip: upgrade if you can
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear UlsterBrummie,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, regarding your recent experience.
I was delighted to read your comments about the team and will certainly pass on the thanks for the great service and the fact you enjoyed your Birthday Cake!
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future,a s you ar ecorrect we have some great deals coming up.
Regards
Sunderland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn on a business trip during January. Quite easy to get to once you leave the M6 at jct 10.

It is a motel style hotel with all rooms on the same level.

Reception:

Frosty, the guy who checked me in did not want to be there and I was left with the impression I was an inconvenience to him.

Rooms:

Basic, clean but absolutely freezing. Turned the heating on and went to the gym for a run to warm up. Heating is via the aircon unit and is noisy enough to keep you awake at night.

Bar:

Friendly staff.

Restaurant:

Good service, OK food.

Breakfast:

Buffet style, poor quality bacon (fatty) and sausages (Spot the meat content)
Staff fine and friendly.

Gym:

A very small gym.

Would I choose it again, No.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Marine_Buoy,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments post your stay with us.
I am pleased to report the issue with the air conditioning units has now been resolved, although at the time we did have alternative heating available through portable heaters, I am sorry you may have missed the note at reception.
It is disappointing to learn the service you encountered at reception was not good and rest assured we will action this. But in turn I am pleased to see the positive comments regarding your experience with our team in Food and Beverage.
I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future and you will give the hotel another chance.
Regards
Scott Randall

Travelers are raving about these Walsall hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I have decided to give the hotel another chance after reassurances that the restaurant had improved by the general manager.

Everything about this hotel is quite good, apart from the food. I am sure that a manager will respond to this review and harp on about their "newly refurbished" rooms, or "polite staff" both of which are correct, but it does not take away from the fact that the food is absolutely atrocious! Long waits for courses, bland tasting, over priced and not as described. If the menu states something i expect it, not a replacement and when sent back being told that they do not have any of the original item! The cheek! this has happened more than once in the past. Nothing has changed about the restaurant in the last 8 months save a new menu.

There are many many reviews on trip advisor saying the same thing but NOTHING has been done!

Come on holiday inn

Lets have some results before someone contacts BBC Watchdog!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scott R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear MF44317,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us again regarding your visit. As you mention having recently joined the hotel it is nice for me to have a great new product, which more importantly is supported by a great team. However more importantly to me is how we constantly adapt and change our business for the benefit of guests such as yourself and I am disappointed to read you encountered further issues with the restaurant.
The whole team in Food and Beverage have been and continue to work very hard to constantly improve the experience offered and I am sure they will be equally disappointed to read your comments.
I would ask perhaps next time you are visiting the area we have the opportunity of discussing some specifc points about your experience when I can investigate what the issue may have been, as this feedback is fundamentally important to adapting our business for the future. I know David my Operations Manager would also welcome the opportunity.
Again I would thank you for the comments about the hotel and team and do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here during a business trip during January 2013 and the property was a little tricky to find from the motorway, the slip road isn't that obvious but I got there in the end.

I'm giving the hotel a great rating thanks to the great staff on the front desk who were helpful, friendly and made my stay stay very enjoyable.

I was finally given an upgrade on my room, the first since reaching my Platinum status with the Priority club a year ago.... this was superb, the room was large, living room area, comfy bed and I like the little extras in the room.

Thanks staff

oh and the cheeseboard was great too

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear JohnAS,
Thank you for taking time out of your day to post your review, we do value your time. I am delighted to read your comments about our Great Team, especially on the Front Desk. I agree they certainly do make the stay for anyone stopping with us. It was nice to see you finally got an upgrade, I hope our sister Holiday Inn's recognise you as well in the future. Thanks for the nice picture of the cheeseboard as well, we are working hard on the food delivery and it is nice to see it is appreciated.
We do look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully we will have a chance to meet in the furture.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Ok so we have a corporate rate for this location and use it frequently but even still, the service is great, the rooms clean and quiet. Food is standard HI, and the swimming pool is more a hot bath tub, but if you need a place to stay on the M6 it's worth considering. If you get the chance to get to an exec room.... Take it.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear RussellD,
Thank you for tkaing the time to post your review, it is always nice to read the teams hard work is appreciated. I will certainly pass on to them how great you thought the service was and highlight how clean the bedroom was.
Again thank you for the comments, as a regular we look forward to welcoming you back and value your loyalty.
aylesbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

stayed i night 30th december . staff very friendly , rooms nice , bed very comfortable , had soft and firm pillows . room was cold but porter brought us a heater , breakfast expensive . would stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Suedetouillon,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review they are invaluable to us. It is nice to read that you enjoyed your pre New Year stay with us and took advantage of the comfy bed! I am glad you experienced a number of the team they will be delighted to read your comments. It is also nice to see your request for a heater was dealt with efficiently.
Thanks once again for your time, we look forward ot seeing you again soon.