“Outstanding Indian and Bengali food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kajal

Kajal
Ranked #25 of 291 Restaurants in Walsall
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
glasgow, Scotland
“Outstanding Indian and Bengali food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I will unashamedly admit I visited as I was in the Walsall area with work and searched on trip advisor for a good Indian restaurant.
Kajal is situated in a suburban area, not in the centre of town, so a car would be useful. It's in an unassuming parade of shops. The fact that the staff seemed to know most of the other diners personally suggested they had built up a good local reputation. I understand they have been established at least 10 years.
I was surprised it was so busy even on a Tuesday and was asked if I had a reservation. I hadn't but fortunately after a short wait I was shown to a table (it was empty when I arrived so not quite sure why I had to wait).
Staff were attentive although needs to be prompted on a couple of occasions regarding drinks.
I asked for a recommendation, describing my tastes and was very pleasantly surprised that the cook could prepare something customised to my needs. And when it arrived it was possibly the best curry I have ever had!
The starter of Papadoms and dips was also a cut above what I have had elsewhere, as was the peshwari Nan.
Prices were reasonable.
The clientele were mixed, mostly middle aged couples but also families - there was a good honest buzz
A very enjoyable experience and I can't wait to visit again - and I will

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Totally a fabulous place to visit for good good and great customer service. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Food is so delicious too.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank raj p
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Best for miles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was a regular eating house for us before we moved out of the area. Still have never found an Asian restaurant to match it. The food is just exceptional, service great, always deservedly busy. Prices great, always pop in if in Walsall at night.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Eileen J
England
“Consistently good food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have eaten at the Kajal many times and have never been disappointed so it was the obvious choice to celebrate a family meal there. The menu has something for all tastes and you can take your own tipple with you. The staff are courteous and work so hard yet make it look so slick and relaxed. I have been meaning to write a review for a long time now but following the fantastic service and food all 16 of us received at the weekend I have to give credit where it is due-keep up the good work guys!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent food, amazing value, courteous staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have eaten in many Indian restaurants, some in city centre locations and even some Michelin starred restaurants with a hefty price tag, but in all honesty none compare to Kajal. The food here is incredible. Every mouthful is packed full of flavour and it is fantastic value for money. I'm glad I don't live too close to it or I'd be in there every night!

• Visited April 2013