“"Ping" food”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Chiquito - Walsall - CLOSED

Chiquito - Walsall
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 'South of the border' passion is always served up at Chiquito. A menu of bold Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine is prepared however the diner likes it. Burritos, sizzling fajitas and tacos can all be customised for vegetarians or those wanting more spice. A kids menu, games and entertainment add to the family-friendly vibe, and there is a great range of exciting cocktails, mocktails, wines and tequilas.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“"Ping" food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Usual Frankie and Bennys chain type establishment but "Mexican" food, expensive, not at all authentic, overpriced and microwaved mass catered crap. This one is especially awful. Avoid.

1 Thank looalla

West Bromwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We dined at this restaurant this evening for my sisters birthday, as a table of 14 we booked the table for 6:30!

Upon arrival we were seated by a very courtesy young man & told we could order drinks from there instead of going to the bar, unfortunately, we were not given this opportunity for a further 15 minutes! At which point a member of our group approached the waiter & requested he take our order!

We then ordered our food & were asked if we would like the children's meals to be brought with our starters, to which we agreed! The starters arrived after a while but the children's meals didn't until we had all finished our starters & asked multiple times for the children's meals!

At this time, none of our party had made a fuss as it was a celebration, but when our mains arrived ( or in my brothers case, didn't arrive) at 8:30 & my fathers steak was tougher than an old boot we had had enough!

My brother, who had still not had his main meal, although we had all nearly finished, approached the manager to advise her of his dissatisfaction & was told to take his seat & his food would be only a couple of minutes more, my brother told her to cancel his meal as he was tired of waiting! He then had a few if my ribs ( which were cold but edible) & was approached by the so called manager, who asked that he accompany her to a quieter part of the restaurant "for a chat"!!! To which my brother advised her that he was eating what little food he had & for her to please leave him alone! The manager then advised him she was doing her best ( rubbish) & walked away!

We then asked for the bill as we had all had enough of the shocking service! The bill had an additional £30 for an unoptional service charge! Which we refused to pay as the service was not worth paying for!

The food was below average, the manager was appalling & the cost was extortionate! The only good thing of the evening was our waiter, Elias!

We will not be dining here again & I feel that the service we received on our special occasion was an absolute disgrace! My sister in law was not once offered a free drink or complimentary dessert! & my brother who had not eaten was not even offered an apology by this woman!
Rude & completely disgraceful!

West Bromwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely disgusted!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

14 members of my family booked a table for 6:30 on a Tuesday evening for my sister in laws birthday, upon arriving we were greeted by a friendly young man who seated us! After being told by a female behind the bar ( the manager we later discovered) that we could order drinks from the table, it took us 15 minutes to do this before my dad approached the young man who seated us to take this order! When we were ordering our meals we were asked if we would like the children's meals to be brought with our starters, to which we said yes! After getting our starters & finishing them the children's meals still had not arrived despite multiple queries about how long they would be, to be told "1 minute"! We then had to wait for our main meals ( which arrived 2 hours after we had been seated), my fathers steak was inedible & my brothers food never arrived! To which my brother then approached the manager who became defensive and did not once apologise for the service we had received! To which my brother came back to the table to share some of my food which Seemed to be the best meal on the table, the rack of ribs, when he was approached by the same manager who requested that he go with her to the other side of the restaurant to have a word with her, to which my brother replied that he would not as he was trying to eat what little food he had in peace! The manager once again became defensive ( still with no apology) & told my brother she was doing her best, which clearly was not the case as the restaurant was nearly empty but our service was disgusting! Most of the food was cold, overpriced & revolting! We then received the bill & were shocked to find a 10% service charge which did not advise was optional! Clearly we did not pay this! The manager was a young lady with awful customer service, clearly no management training has been taken, but the young waiter, Elias, was superb & very understanding! To say we will not be visiting again is an understatement!

1 Thank PaigeH90
Great Barr, null, United Kingdom
“Meal last night”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

It took well over an hour to be served with a drink last night. One and a half hrs for the starter to come and then my friends had the wrong food, my food was good when it finally came, food is nice; staff are friendly, only one barman on duty, staff can’t cope when the restaurant is full.

• Visited January 2014
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Not a very attractive location but the interior is done out to a high standard so all good.
For a lunchtime when the place was almost empty the service was slow, although we had some free salty pop corn to keep us going.
Nothing bad about the food but nothing very interesting either. I seem to end up in a Chiquitos about once a year and it is always mediocre food which is overpriced for what it is leaving you wishing you had gone elsewhere.
Perhaps someone from the Chiquitos chain could visit some decent Tex Mex restaurants and work out what the food is supposed to be like.

• Visited November 2013