“saturday night stay”

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Walsall
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“saturday night stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

after are saturday night stay i was not very happy with the room the door handle was loose,mould and damp the the shower area,shoes marks on the chairs,marks on the bed covers and base of the bed.plus poor stocks in the bar.over all very standard

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Room was clean, bed was comfortable and clean, staff were helpful and friendly. What more can you ask? Stayed for 2 nights, no problem. The rates for this room were really competitive. All these negative comments....... I say get things in perspective!!! Would stay again without doubt.
heddy1@sky.com

Room Tip: Didn't see a lift so lower floors may be an advantage.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Les F
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

what a fantastic time we all had a big thank you to all staff we had a family bday celebration, very clean good atmosphere food plenty and delicious. Good allround service.Hotel bedrooms clean and comfortable.Nice decor. Bathroom spot on. powerful shower.Our second time here. We will return highly recomended.

Room Tip: rooms 31-33 rooms we were in
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

We recently had a family party and decided to use the county.
Great stay, enjoyed by all. I would highly recomend the county hotel, especial for functions and parties.
Nice rooms and very plesant staff

• Stayed April 2012
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

I booked a room at The County as I was a guest at my friend's wedding. I have to say after reading the reviews I was more than a little concerned as to what I would find!

I couldn't have been more (pleasantly) surprised! I arrived at the hotel to be greeted by a very friendly receptionist. The check-in time is from 2pm but she arranged for my room to be ready for me and I was able to have it at 11.30am which was a big help as the ceremony was at 1.00pm.

Tip: Call the hotel early before you set off, you may be able to get an earlier check-in.

My room was a double and although it wasn't huge, it was clean and I was more than happy with it. You get biscuits aswell as tea and coffee, which is a bonus in hotels these days!

The wedding was perfect, the meal was wonderful, staff were friendly and everyone had a fantastic time.

If I had to travel to Walsall again, I would definitley stay at The County.

P.s. The breakfast was fabulous and perfect for a Sunday morning!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

My partner's grandfather booked this for us when we came to the West Midlands for his birthday celebration. Apparently it used to be quite a nice place, but there's no sign of that any more. We were shown to a tiny room, with a tiny window blocked by the extractor pipe of the kitchens, which smelled of cigarettes and damp. When we complained about the cigarette smell (we had booked a non smoking room) we were told there was no alternative available. We'd have left there and then but were travelling with our 1 year olds son, and were desperate to get him to sleep, so we stayed. We didn't get a lot of sleep because there was a stag party downstairs with thumping music until very late in the evening. The sheets were dirty (properly grimy, with unidentifiable obviously fresh stains) and the bathroom was pretty horrid. We skipped breakfast and left as soon as we could the next morning. NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sarah H, Front Office Manager at The County Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Hello

Firstly, thank you for your review and I am extremely sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Since your stay in July 2011, we have begun an extensive 'tidy up' of all areas of the hotel, starting with our guest bedrooms. We have new housekeeping staff and have implemented new staff training procedures to further improve and maintain higher standards.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to highlight your issues, we do appreciate your feedback.

Kind regards

Sarah Hipkin
DM

Travelers are raving about these Walsall hotels

Callington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

We have stayed at the county a number of times and sadly we will not be staying there again! On arrival the room was FREEZING! I asked the reception staff twice To which moans and groans of having to make an effort to move to do something about it were heard! Especially when the staff thought I was out of earshot and then complained about me!! Nice!! After the heating eventually came on, I went to use the hair dryer but it didnt work, neither did the trouser press and the kettle didn't fit under the tap to fill it!!
In the morning (Sunday) the door was knocked at 8.30am to which a member of staff asked if we were leaving today and what time!! I was not impressed to be woken up 2 hours before we needed to leave our room!!!
It all seems that for the staff it's all too much effort, they were far from friendly and it was overpriced for what we received!
Try the holiday inn on motorway instead!!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Doyley17
Sarah H, Front Office Manager at The County Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Hello there

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write your review and for highlighting the problems you encountered during your stay with us.

I can only apologise for the lack of customer service you received. We do take our staff training seriously and would like to investigate this matter further.

I would appreciate if you could contact me with the details of your stay.

You can email me at your convenience at sales@countywalsall.co.uk or sarah@hipkin9.wanadoo.co.uk

Once again, thank you for taking the time to bring your issues to our attention.

Kind regards