All reviews national holidays self service wedding party evening meal and breakfast bar prices would stay again weekend break comfy bed one night stay family room cannot fault venue
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2019

I've stayed in many Mercure hotels -most of which are pretty good, so wasn't anticipating the level of service and accommodation that I got at this hotel.

For starters, 'room service' is a misnomer since there are no menus in the room. Upon querying this I was told I had to go down the bar to see the menu and place my order... this is actually quite a trek from the top floor, and when I got to the bar at 6PM I had to wait 15 minutes for a staff meeting to finish before there was anyone who could serve me.

In the room the bathroom decor was poor, with the basin cracked and pipes which had been leaking and left permanent stains on the floor. The floors creaked and the walls were very thin so every movement from other rooms could be heard.

Breakfast was so late that I'd finished a bowl of cereal, coffee and yoghurt and left the dining room... by which time the hot breakfast buffet still hadn't materialised for all the waiting customers.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

Went with a friend this afternoon, we have a nice secluded spot to ourself, staff were really friendly and helpful. Would recommend this place. In terms of tea range it’s very limited but it’s a lovely place and staff are lovely so worth the visit

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2019

Booked in on a Saturday when a Coach tour and wedding were present, this made the hotel extremely busy, noisy and slow, as an example, the restaurant was supposed to open at 6:30 but still closed at 6:55, we had booked for 6:45 to beat the rush which then did not work. Food was poor with overcooked chicken and under-cooked steak. Our first room was very nice and as booked (Prestige ?) but the bathroom lights that were on (two of the four were off) flickered badly with no one able to replace the bulbs so we were moved to another lesser room.

Down for breakfast the next morning we found all the dishes on the buffet full of bits after being washed so we got someone to take them all away, then only to find all the plates put out had streaks of egg or similar on them and asked someone to take them away as well.

Breakfast after all that was quite nice, and the next morning after the coach tour and wedding party had gone, all was well, which is a shame as it was clear that the staff were not coping with the work load of the Saturday evening which made everyone suffer.

So my advise is if you want to book this hotel for a weekend - you need to check what they have on because if they have similar in progress, do not book it.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2019

A surprisingly big and busy hotel. Stayed for a week on business. Found it to be just right. The room was big enough and desk to work from. Best nights sleep had in a long time away. Bathroom /shower fine toiletries ok. Breakfast fab. Staff all friendly and helpful. Quiet and no outside noise. Recommended and I Would definitely stay again as Aldo very good price.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2019

This property did not meet our expectations. Half of the lights in the room didn't work and the toilet seat was broken. When I complained about this on checkout, the attendant did not seem interested. The walls are very thin and we could hear conversations from next door, and the room was not that clean. Our check in and breakfast were both lovely.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com