“Brilliant Evening!!!”

Best Western Birmingham Walsall Barons Court Hotel
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Walsall
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I went to this hotel to attend a christmas party with my friends and was delightfully suprised!!! It
was one of the best christmas party nights I have ever been to. Now I know you might be thinking yeah yeah of course it was ... well let me tell you it really was and I am not the sort of person who is easily entertained by this sort of thing either! The food was delicious, well cooked & presented, and the service was great. No one was kept waiting on our table and the Hotel Manager, Yvonne was very attentive throughout as were all of her staff!!
I would truly recommend this hotel for a family or Christmas party as everyine is very friendly and goes out of their way to make sure you have a good time.

Thank you Yvonne & your team, you were great!!

Mrs Robinson, Sutton Coldfield

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Yvonne H, General Manager at Best Western Birmingham Walsall Barons Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Mrs Robinson

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor and we are really glad you enjoyed your Christmas party with us.

Its great to hear that you found the food delicious, well cooked and presented. Thank you also for your kind words about myself and the staff it really does mean alot to us.

All the very best for 2014, kind regards

There are newer reviews for Best Western Birmingham Walsall Barons Court Hotel

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I went to this hotel expecting the worst O WHAT A SUPRISE personally greeted by manager and staff to transfer luggage of 53 guests while we all enjoyed free tea coffee mince pies for the next 4 days everyone was treat like royalty if not better every member of staff were like personall servants they were fantastic my advise would be to chain her catering staff to any thing that will prevent any from leaving EVERY MEAL served was of the highest quality and presented the same if you want luxuary and personnel treatment give it try because I WILL BE GOING BACK

mr mrs p sunderland

Room Tip: ask and you will recieve
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mr and Mrs Sunderland

Thank you so much for your review of the Best Western Barons Court Hotel, after spending 4 days with us over Christmas you will know how much this means to us.

I'm over the moon you enjoyed your stay and glad you found the food and service to be of the highest quality. It was our aim to ensure you enjoyed every bit of your Christmas and I'm glad we succeeded

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed December 27, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We booked in for a 2 night stay for our annual Christmas present delivery to family who live locally.We have stayed in some really basic hotels in the Walsall area so our expectations of this one were not great for the price we were paying.What a wonderful surprise it was! The room and bathroom were spotless,not a trace of dirt or dust anywhere, The staff had given us a room as far away from the noisy parties as they could without it being requested,and we did indeed have undisturbed sleep on comfy pillows. The breakfast was cooked well and there really was too much choice! We had booked an evening meal for a family get together and again the staff excelled our expectations. they had arranged, in a small, almost private area a beautifully decorated table just for us. Our 9 year old grandson was amazed, he had never been anywhere "so Posh" before! he was provided with whatever foods he wanted and being a boy that included "chips" The 3 course meals we had were delicious, cooked from fresh produce and presented perfectly, in the style of "Masterchef "but with Blackcountry portions.!!They really do have an amazing Chef here. We can't wait to try his cuisine again.
Above all ,ALL the staff were cheerful and nothing was too much trouble for them.As in the title they provide Real Oldfashioned Blackcounty hospitality . We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mal and John

Firstly what a title you gave your recent review of the Best Western Barons Court Hotel, we loved it... Thank you.

we are over the moon that you found the rooms spotless and had a good nights sleep as a hotelier that is our ultimate goal.

We,re glad you enjoyed your breakfast but especially your dinner. We are really pleased you found your meal delicious and that the portions were to your liking and glad your grandson liked us too.

We look forward to welcoming you with the same Black Country fair on your next visit.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room at this hotel at a discounted rate as I was here for my work Xmas party. However, as I had read so many reviews I was worried how the night and stay would turn out.
I have to say that I don't have almost nothing negative to say about my stay at all. My room and bathroom was very clean and the water and radiators were hot the entire time. I even had to open a window to allow some air in as it was so warm.
The staff were very courteous and polite.
The only negatives about the room I could find was the lamp on the dresser kept flickering which worried me a bit but I just switched it off, and the tv only had channels 1-5 with a couple freebies channels, but I didn't stay here to watch the tv.
The evening was great. The DJ played good and up to date music while also catering for all music tastes and the meal was lovely. Can't fault it all. The breakfast the next morning was lovely. Plenty of choice, well cooked and piping hot. Despite there being a coach party staying here too there was plenty of food to go around.
All in all I can hardly make fault with this hotel and I couldn't recommend it more. I'm even writing this review in the hotel before I check out. I'm trying to make the most of my stay before I'm kicked out.
Thank you for a lovely stay and I would definitely recommend to anyone.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Amanda

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and your kind comments regarding your stay in December and your Christmas party. I'm glad you enjoyed the Christmas party, food and the DJ I will pass your comments on to all concerned.

I'm pleased you found your room and bathroom clean and comfortable and take your points on board about the flickering lamp and TV.

Best wishes Amanda and thank you

Reviewed December 13, 2013

After a horrific two nights at The Beverley nearby I decided to try Barons Court having visited the previous week to check the rooms. On this visit I asked the desk clerk to show me 'the worst room' they had available, which he happily did. I was shown room number 136, an average sized double with en suite. I was pleasantly surprised and on returning asked if I could have this room.
Manager Phil could not have done more for me both in person and on the phone when discussing the long term nature of my stay (weekdays through to March 2014). He and all the desk clerks are among the most helpful, polite and courteous staff I have encountered and I have stayed at some very exclusive hotels both on business and holidays.
Having lived at the hotel for three weeks now I can truly say it feels like a home from home and I am treated very well. Not with complacency but just like any other guest. Thank you Phil and all your staff.
The breakfast is superb despite me being particular about how I like things cooked and the waiting staff are just marvellous.
I did have a little noise from the ballroom the other evening but was instantly offered an upgrade and apology, however this was not necessary as it only went on for about an hour and finished early 'so not to upset our staying guests'.
The room is very comfortable and spacious, with good light and an excellent bathroom. It has a desk in which I set my PC up during the week and which the hotel have offered to keep charge of for me so I don't have to keep taking it home every weekend.
In short I cannot fault the Hotel in any way. How on earth it rates below the nearby abysmal Beverley hotel I cannot understand.
Take it from me having stayed in both, the Barons Court is just superb.
Thank you again Phil and all the staff.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrew S

Dear Andrew

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Barons Court Hotel on Tripadvisor but more to the point I would personally like to thank you for your very kind words.

I'm really glad you found room 136 to your liking, comfortable, spacious and excellent bathroom facilities, these words from a valued guest do really mean alot to us all. A home from home is all hoteliers aim.

I am very proud of the team here but moreso after comments like yours. I'm glad you found Phil and his team helpfull and courteous and the breakfast staff also, I will pass those comment on.

Yvonne Hyde

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walsall
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Holiday Inn Express Walsall
Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall
Beverley Hotel
Beverley Hotel
#10 of 13 in Walsall
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall

Been to Best Western Birmingham Walsall Barons Court Hotel? Share your experiences!