Best Western Birmingham Walsall Barons Court Hotel
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Walsall
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have to say, Barons Court did us proud for our Wedding yesterday. Throughout the 12 months previous, Sabrina was fantastic - sorting out the main items right down to the finer details. When we approached our wedding weekend, the hotel staff were fabulous.

Everything I wanted (bride) from the minute I got there til the minute I left was done, professionally and quickly. They followed all of my precise instructions of the layout (as I am so organised and fussy) - it was perfect. Even to the point where they set up a room for Breakfast this morning for all of the wedding guests that stayed overnight.

The food was sensational, all the guests were very impressed. We also liked the fact the General Manager Yvonne came over to speak with us during the day to praise the decor of our wedding. A special thanks to Gaz who, not only was outstanding on the day of the wedding, but also looked after me, my friends and family on the eve of the wedding.

Thank you so much Barons for everything you have done for us, and helped make our day so special. I do hope you have taken some photographs of the set up - it was amazing.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank duvetandpillow

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are a little bit dated, tv is old and the signal is poor with no sky as advertised, the wifi is ok but a bit slow, included in room rate so not too bad, bearable. windows are single glazed and a bit mouldy/damaged around the edges. shops and stuff locally and in walking distance. 2 night stay but not the comfiest bed ever, plus lack of unused electric sockets, would expect a few for laptop/phone etc but only one next to bed for lamp

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We were away for the weekend on a national holiday break and from previous experience I wasn't expecting a very good hotel. However we were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is welcoming, the room was pleasant and clean (although bed a bit hard) , lots of hot water and good shower. The evening meal was delicious and served efficiently by lovely staff. Breakfast was extremely good too. I can recommend the scrambled eggs. My only regret was that we were only staying for one night. We had fab weekend visiting severn valley steam trains and Cosford air show.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Hotel was clean, staff were friendly and room had everything we needed. We got an Executive Room on offer and our biggest surprise was how small and cosy it was up in the eaves of the hotel....all the pictures show spacious rooms and we almost fell over the bed on opening the door but we are only small people so it suited. Yes we giggled at the fact we had to move the lovely armchairs to get into bed which was a small double that squeaked with every move but it was comfy enough and we were there to sleep. The en suite was clean, the room was clean and we used it as a one night base to visit family so didn't bother with the eating or bar facilities which looked lovely. Would we return.....yes as long as it was at the discounted price we found on laterooms.com but I would not pay full price for the rooms and be happy about it. Our only annoyances were not being able to keep a window open because the road outside was so busy (not the hotels fault obviously) and when the hotel began to rise at 7am (presumably workers/commuters) there was no chance of sleep as all the doors banged loudly and the hoovering started around 9am......check out is 11am, it could have waited.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here, large room with a nice bar area.Used the restaurant and can say was very nice the only thing off putting was the door chime when meals were ready to load, and to often it spoiled a nice meal. Check your bill mine was wrong some extra drinks appeared !! Overall the price was unbeatable. Will be staying again next time I'm in the area ....

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed here overnight (Saturday/Sunday 18/19 May) whilst visiting the nearby Arboretum with a private party. We were given our keys straightaway and given directions to our rooms. Our room was spacious and airy, the bathroom spotless and clean and the shower was perfect. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. The evening meal was hot and very delicious with choices for all 3 courses. Breakfast was self service with fruit juices, cereals and a good range of hot food. We found the staff to be first class, very efficient and friendly. We will definitely stay here again and wil recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I were travelling up North to a funeral and decided to break the journey we booked Barons Court Hotel.
We arrived late, the diningroom was closed, the young man directed us to a local Indian restaurant, excellent place(Mizan Spice) I think!
The reception area is impressive but unfortunately, this Hotel needs alot of TLC and a few pounds spent to bring it up to standard.
The car park needs some maintainance, a good sweep would tidy it up.
The bedrooms are so so tired looking, the bed creaked evertime you moved.Tea & coffee making facilities, we didn't use it.
The breafast was served by a very nice friendly lady, it was made to order, I guess it would be buffet style normally but there seemed to be very few people staying here.
The breakfast was tasty and served with nice fresh coffee.Help yourself to cereal etc, nothing wonderful but adaquate.
Overall I would not rush back but if you are looking for a stop over then this Hotel is fine.
Tip, Please be aware there are two Hotels with the same name within 7 miles of each other.I booked this Hotel accidently.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walsall
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Holiday Inn Express Walsall
Beverley Hotel
Beverley Hotel
#10 of 13 in Walsall
Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall
Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield

Been to Best Western Birmingham Walsall Barons Court Hotel? Share your experiences!