“A terrible night for me”
Review of Beverley Hotel

Beverley Hotel
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Walsall
Reviewed January 8, 2013

It would seem that not everyone has had such a terrible experience as me. All I will say is, if they say you are in room 2, refuse it!! The window to the room is right next to a generator which is very loud and the windows are nowhere near sound-proof. That particular room also dribbled luke warm water from the shower and had a very large damp stain on the carpet in the room. I was also right above the bar which, again, with zero sound-proofing made it impossible to sleep as it was still noisy at 2-3am on a Thursday. On the plus side, that staff were exceptional and smiley and the food was much much better than I anticipated.

Room Tip: Not room 2
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Paul t

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Shocked when I got inside. Thought that I was in the wrong hotel when I walked in. It didnt look that fantastic in the brochure but was beautiful. The room was large and very comfortable. The bathroom was much larger than I imagined as well.

Breakfast was so good and cooked to perfection as was the service. Many thanks to all the staff for all their hard work and dedication. Special thanks to KAM who was a real gentleman and a very professional member of staff. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Not too far from the town centre and also the train station. Really good breakfast done to perfecti...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We visited the hotel for a wedding. Ample off road parking. Room we had was spacious and clean, the bar was well stocked. Meals were excellent. Staff were very helpful and polite. All in all a great place to stay if you are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I visited this hotel for my sons wedding and everything was perfect,the room for the ceremony was really attractive and well decorated,the meal was excellent as was the accomodation.The staff could not have been more helpful and pleasant.I will certainly be staying here again and would recommend it to any of my friends with complete confidence,well done to management and staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

we used the beverly for our evening reception after getting married abroad. At first i was unsure about the layout as they gave us loads of space, albeit in an L shape, but it was in great location for our friends and family and when all set up the layout worked really well. The staff were very accommodating and came up with great solutions if problems were to arise ie weather. We went to one of their wedding fares and booked our entertainmemt (dj and just for fun casino) which the hotel sorted and organised for us. We also sampled the hog roast which was delicious and on the night came with loads of side dishes so nobody went hungry.
An outside compamy let us down on the day with seat covers but the hotel staff were there to help out.
Nothing was too much trouble. The complimentary honeymoon suite was really big and comfy and the breakfast was very tasty.
Definitly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Great conference venue. Decent meal and good service. Well organised and efficient staff. Easy to find. Clean and tidy throughout. Parking over the road. Would recommend for business meetings. Easy reach of M6 J10.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank LeeBakerLegion
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The rooms are pleasant, and spacious with plenty of chests of drawers, which seems to be a rarity these days. The staff were cheerful and helpful and also well able to cope with my gluten free requirements, and our room was at the rear of the hotel so we heard no traffic noise. The only slight downside was that the carpets were a little stained, and the decor a little shabby, but overall the room itself was delightful.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room at the back of the hotel and had no traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple