I stayed here for work and found it be just on the wrong side of 'ok'
I had stayed at a Park Inn in London a few weeks before and found it fine so expected the same here.
The room here was certainly bigger than London (as to be expected of course) and it served it's function. i.e a bed to sleep in.
I had driven 400 miles to get to the hotel so just fancied vegging out in front of the (quite small) tv - which has limited channels. Luckily I had my iPad with me and used that instead.
I picked up the phone to order room service and found the phone completely dead.
So i had to walk to reception, order my meal there and return to my room - although i still got charged for room service.
I was told the phone would be fixed the next day, but I see a recent review also mentions the same issue. What are people doing to these phones?
I ordred a burger, chips and coleslaw and it was without a doubt one of the cheapest looking, worst tasting burgers I've ever attempted to eat. It's obviously the chepeast greasy frozen patty available and tasted as such. I ended up leaving most of that and most of the chips and instead picking at my coleslaw.
I ordered a can of diet coke and was instead served a small glass of flat draught coke.
I know it's a no thrills hotel, but I could have got a much better meal at MacDonalds 5 minutes down the road for half the price. If you're going to sell poor quality food, then it should be reflected in the price you charge.
(I should say that breakfast was a bit better.)
I stood at an empty reception for 5 minutes before being checked in, and the queue in the morning meant it was a wait of about 15 minutes to check out with one person on the desk.
I found the bed to be pretty uncomfortable, but that's maybe a personal preference.
All in all, I'm glad i was only staying one night, I think I would have tried to switch hotels if i was staying longer.
It's fine and clean enough if you can't get anywhere else but I'd advise you not to eat there, you're wasting your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall grants easy access to M6 motorway. Whether you are in the Birmingham area for an event at Banks's Stadium, an excursion to Cadbury World or just an overnight stay, you'll find inviting accommodation at the Park Inn. This well-located Walsall hotel is just off the M6 motorway, and it lies within walking distance of the Bescot train station. Choose from among 120 contemporary rooms, which include Family Rooms with interconnecting options. Travellers can dine on site at the convenient Hub Restaurant, and the modern yet casual Hub Bar and Lounge is perfect for unwinding with a drink. With complimentary access to the in-house fitness centre, it's easy to maintain your exercise regimen while travelling. The Park Inn also boasts a versatile meeting room, and our working partnership with Banks's Stadium creates plentiful event options for impressive gatherings. Only 14.5 Kilometres from the Birmingham city centre, this Walsall hotel is located off the M6 motorway at junction 9. Family fun abounds at nearby attractions such as Cadbury World and West Midland Safari Park. All 120 contemporary guest rooms feature niceties like LCD televisions and power showers. Our casual dining venue, Hub Restaurant, serves local and international favourites. Mingle with fellow guests at the sleek Hub Bar and Lounge. The 24-hour fitness centre houses ample equipment for an effective workout. Complimentary car parking and 24-hour reception make travel to Walsall hassle free. The hotel features a meeting facility that can accommodate 30 delegates, while our partnership with Banks's Stadium provides an additional 20 event rooms from which to choose. Free WiFi available in guest rooms and all public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Rezidor, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Birmingham Walsall Hotel Walsall
- Park Inn Walsall
- Park Inn By Radisson Birmingham Walsall West Midlands