“You get what you pay for I guess.”

Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Walsall
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here for work and found it be just on the wrong side of 'ok'
I had stayed at a Park Inn in London a few weeks before and found it fine so expected the same here.
The room here was certainly bigger than London (as to be expected of course) and it served it's function. i.e a bed to sleep in.

Pros:-
Large room
Clean

Cons:-

I had driven 400 miles to get to the hotel so just fancied vegging out in front of the (quite small) tv - which has limited channels. Luckily I had my iPad with me and used that instead.
I picked up the phone to order room service and found the phone completely dead.
So i had to walk to reception, order my meal there and return to my room - although i still got charged for room service.
I was told the phone would be fixed the next day, but I see a recent review also mentions the same issue. What are people doing to these phones?

I ordred a burger, chips and coleslaw and it was without a doubt one of the cheapest looking, worst tasting burgers I've ever attempted to eat. It's obviously the chepeast greasy frozen patty available and tasted as such. I ended up leaving most of that and most of the chips and instead picking at my coleslaw.
I ordered a can of diet coke and was instead served a small glass of flat draught coke.
I know it's a no thrills hotel, but I could have got a much better meal at MacDonalds 5 minutes down the road for half the price. If you're going to sell poor quality food, then it should be reflected in the price you charge.
(I should say that breakfast was a bit better.)

I stood at an empty reception for 5 minutes before being checked in, and the queue in the morning meant it was a wait of about 15 minutes to check out with one person on the desk.

I found the bed to be pretty uncomfortable, but that's maybe a personal preference.

All in all, I'm glad i was only staying one night, I think I would have tried to switch hotels if i was staying longer.
It's fine and clean enough if you can't get anywhere else but I'd advise you not to eat there, you're wasting your money.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed in room 111 last weekend, found it spotlessly clean, nice towels , superb powerful shower.
Check - in was very speedy, no problems, good nights sleep in a very comfy bed, good breakfast with a good choice, what more can you expect bearing in mind the price ?

Convenient location next morning for getting back on the Motorway system.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My colleague and I stayed at this hotel a we nights ago. The hotel is convenient for getting to Birmingham city centre and Staffordshire.

My room , 107, was adequate for my one night stay but not upto the level you'd expect in a Travelodge or Premier Inn. The air conditioning/heating had a mind of its own (and I've stayed in many hundreds of hotels), the bathroom had a rusty air vent and a button to control the shower settings was missing. Not ideal.

A few staff are deserving of mention. Firstly, Lee, the bar tender who went of his way to make me a sandwich, despite my late arrival. Thank you Lee. And the two ladies, Madeline and Trina, who were wonderfully welcoming, really helpful and entertaining at breakfast. Thank you ladies, you got my day off to a great start.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Cheap, bright communal rooms and clean communal areas and room. Terrible welcome although I am a card holder for Raddison Hotels, staff member was in a rush and showed it. Went up in the lift, some poor soul was having room service - oh deal, congealed burger with bonded cheese, horrible looking chips, veg? garnish? not here, cheesecake tiny and looked cut the day before. Family room for 2 adults and two kids 6 & 9 through Booking .com = standard room with tiny sofa bed to be shared by both kids. Rang Reception, 'they only have standard rooms- all rooms the same size' but I said we were sold a family room . So mum and 1 child in one, dad and other in other bed so no space between sofabed and window and sofabed and TV stand. No hanging cupboard just open hooks. It was packed. Not impressive.
Staff at breakfast pleasant but tables so close together really difficult getting to food without everyone moving their chairs. A sign said 'don't put criossants in toasting device' no problem as there weren't any! Choice soggy white sliced or bland brown sliced. Tomatoes and cucumber on tiny plate both curling and so dry so probably cut yesterday as was the melon and tangerine segments (from the tin). The cooked - hard to spoil? even that, dried, cooked well in advance, only egg was scrambled a long time previously with watery congealed rubber texture, sausages cheap and very dried soggy hash browns. Not good at all.
It was £67 with breakfast so very cheap, but between football stadium and raised M6 in an industrial estate a really unpleasant experience despite the 'bright decor'. Avoid.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. Raddison should be ashamed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DesmondP
Reviewed August 27, 2012

book two room 15 & 18 for one night stay paid £36 each for the rooms very good vaule for money staff very were nice and happy to help.. the rooms were spot on beds were nice and clean the bathroon nice both had very powerfull showers,,.. kettle with milk and tea etc was given.. we would really pleased and would stop there again ... for £36... you cant pick faults..

Room Tip: dont book on line thru a booking agent ring them direct you will get it alot cheaper that wh...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed overnight in 2 interconnecting rooms. 2 adults and 2 children. Very happy with our rooms (118 & 120). We were overlooking the M6 but the very slight sound of traffic didnt annoy us. We were returning from the Olympics and needed a handy place to rest on our journey.
We arrived late and didnt use the restaurant so cant comment. All the staff we came into contact with were very helpful and nice. Were there for the Sunday market. Lots of usual market stalls but look for the doughnut man!!! Fress sugary doughnuts Yum Yum
We were late for breakfast but the girls were prepared to get us something even though they were packing breakfast away. Very nice.

Room Tip: Room 118 & 120 are interconnecting and at the end of corridor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Really disappointed with this hotel. The room was clean and tidy but the food in the 'restaurant' was rubbish, and the service in the restaurant was embarrassing. The waitresses were unpleasant, non attentive and quite rude (putting food in front of you wordlessly and loudly gossiping and discussing personal issues during breakfast).

I would personally never go back there and would only recommend if you need a bare minimum bed to stay in and nothing else. The young lad on reception is the only member of staff we came across who deserves any credit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kierakiera
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walsall
Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall
Holiday Inn Express Walsall
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10
Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7
Best Western Birmingham Walsall Barons Court Hotel

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall? Share your experiences!