“Quick pop in for lunch”

JRC Global Buffet Watford
Ranked #7 of 28 Quick Bites in Watford
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Well I saw this on the telly and thought I would give it a go. First thing to say is there is a reduced menu for lunch, so if you don't fancy Chinese, Indian or pizza forget about it. Staff were friendly and cleared tables promptly. I tried a few bits and pieces most I liked, but there was a chicken in black sauce where the texture of the chicken was a bit like jelly, I was not a fan. We both had dessert and again as z lunch time this limited, but quite pleasant my one qualms was I had a pot of vanilla ice cream and it was barely frozen, it was more like a chilled mousse. We do intend to come back of an evening to give it a fair shout and the higher turnover should give more freshly cooked food.

1  Thank Geoff D
Write a reviewReviews (860)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

After seening the TV programme thought we would go and see for ourselves. We went on a Sunday evening after visiting the Harry Potter studios as it was both my wifes birthday and our 30th Anniversary. Well it was nothing like the what the TV showed. A lot of the dishes were empty and not refilled. Queues on most stations with people waiting for food. If your a walk in you get 90 mins if you want the teriyaki that's all your have time to get and had run out of a few things. So overall not that good compared to others. Won't be going again that's for sure.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having informed by booking prior that three members of my party were disabled upon arrival the stairway leading to the restaurant was packed with customers four deep shoulder to shoulder on each and ever step of the staircase. The tiny lift was in constant use by other customers eager to get one step in front of other customers that together with the screams and shouts from unsupervised children beggered belief.
finally upon reaching reception informing the staff of my booking plus reitterating the three disabled members of the party i eventually paid for my guests the handsome price of £22:00 per Adult we were then ushered into another queue for guests who had paid , having pointed out to the floor staff my booking at that point in time no table was available (so what was the point of pre Booking) we were then ushered into a back room seperated from the main Buffet Area, this was classed as the VIP room (Really) it was cold stank of Damp very subdued lighting and had as much atmosphere as a Cave, to compound matters three very large families also occupied the VIP room with around (12) children between them various ages who were disrespectful, noisy running around the tables and playing race car games on ipads so loud I thought I was sat at Brands Hatch Upon complaining twice eventually we were offered alternative seating some one and a half hours after sitting down.
Myself and two other walking Disabled guests were unable to gain access into the buffet for numerous reasons mainly both children and adults barging into line queue jumping and in general peoples lack of bad manners it was beyond doubt worse than a cattle market the emphasis was on packing the venue to its fullest capacity. My guests tried as best as possible to select food suitable to each disabled persons taste but this prevented them enjoying the buffet if this was not bad enough the buffet selection diminished as the kitchens close before 8;30. This beyond doubt was the biggest waste of £154:00 in my life , I feel cheated , robbed and violated by the sheer lack of acknowledgement by the Management who gave only a cursery reply Thanking me for our custom. Would we go back again never save your money and find a restaurant who looks after the custom and not just their interest

Date of visit: August 2019
JRCRes, Public Relations Manager at JRC Global Buffet Watford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi there - we're really sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. Unfortunately we are unable to control the behaviour of other customers children. Did you speak to a manager about this during your visit?

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Called for tea on a Sunday. Staff a bit lack lustre, most clearly couldnt be bothered & it all felt a bit forced/laboured. Plate clearing was very slow & i even cleared my own a couple of times. £44 for 2 adults. Plenty of choice. Some dishes were luke warm, some dishes were nearly empty & a couple of things were never replenished at all. The desserts were pretty good in comparison to other buffets we have visited. My hubby loves spicey, me simply plain. Choices for both of us. Unlimited soft (Pepsi,vimto, orange) & hot drinks (latte, tea, coffee, cappacino, hot choc). It was very busy, people rushing around trying to fit everythg in within the alloted times. I would go back but not for a special occasion.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Going to Watford Theatre and recommended a must Global Cuisine on arrival looked like a night club entrance but up a few steps the cashier charges on entry £22 each (Friday rate) THEN into an impressive auditorium rows of Food areas and all signed by banners to which cuisine inspired origin.
It was a pleasure starting at the furthest areas and finishing at the last area ..then back to your chosen area of food BUT and a absolute negative mostly cold food .
Which automatically changed my impression of the establishment .
Start again, what looks hot even doubting staff after seeking their advise ...
Soft drinks were included in the entry fee and kids eat for £1 so that could explain why popular and very busy.
If I receive a negative comment from the management about fresh hot meals Yes there was a station but 30 person queue with one cook ...I have travelled 2 hrs first and I wasn’t going to stand in a long queue for 40 mins if I wanted to do that I would go to an AI holiday in a 2 star hotel in Corfu ...I will not do that and certainly won’t be going to this eatery again ..Sorry not for me Good food wasted ...

1  Thank dws1950